Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

2018 Solo New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jotis

PostSubject: 2018 Solo New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route   Fri May 11, 2018 10:21 pm

I've posted a few bits about this over on the advrider Next in the BDR series - NMBDR thread but that one is kind of a catchall so I thought I'd at least post here to inspire fellow 250R riders. There are already way better trip reports than I'd do so I won't be going into too much detail but I'm happy to answer any questions.

The trip had a bit everything, from heat and insane wind to two snowstorms, a hailstorm that turned to driven sleet, and a few rainstorms of varying intensity. Mostly though the weather was awesome and the trip beyond anything that can be described. I know they call Montana "Big Sky Country", and I've been there, but I don't know how that trumps the views I saw on this ride. The state is suffering from a very dry winter which meant no water crossings (including Chloride Canyon!), which was a bummer, and the fire season is already bad, but I nothing threatened the route.

Trip details: 4/29 - 5/4/18. Followed the official route mostly, using a Butler Map for the hard copy (invaluable). Rode out of Dell City, Texas and ended in Antonito, Colorado, then took tarmac (backroads) back to Dell City. Bike is a 2017 WR250R, basic protection, GoRace suspension, CamelTank, California emissions guts pulled out, flapper mod, that's about it. The bike was awesome on the 1200 mile BDR. The drive on the tarmac back to the trailer was long and increasingly hot but it did all I asked.

Here's a video of photos. I'll be doing a second version with some video snippets as well but wanted to get this much out for some friends.

Back to top Go down
canadianshark74

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Solo New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route   Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Incredible ride. Amazing scenery. damn
Back to top Go down

2018 Solo New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Ride Related :: Adventure Reports-
Jump to: