Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wiseco fuel programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bikebums

Wiseco fuel programmer Empty
PostSubject: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi, anybody used a Wiseco fuel programmer on the WR. Looking for numbers but mostly see other brands. I have done the AIS mod, air box flapper and door mod (holes in door), and an aftermarket exhaust. Running close to their programmed numbers but I was surprised their WFO in very low (.5).
Thanks
Back to top Go down
bikebums

PostSubject: Re: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 am

Nobody ?!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 6:45 am

WFO? Do you mean WOT (Wide Open Throttle)?

Unlike popular belief the stock WRR runs a bit rich - especially in the higher throttle opening positions. This is one of the reasons people get the 'flame out' on FMF programmers when they add fuel to an already rich mixture. The problem with many of these is they can only add fuel not remove it

The WRR does have a bit of a lean spot coming off idle and adding fuel there can help with the throttle response and transition especially when the bike is cold.

I pretty much have the same mods that you do and currently I do not run a fuel nanny and once the bike is warmed up it runs pretty well. A friend of mine with pretty much the same setup could not get his bike to run as good as mine without using a fuel nanny so there appears to some subtle differences between bikes.
Back to top Go down
bikebums

PostSubject: Re: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Haha, yes WOT..Thanks for the input. Kinda makes me wonder if it was worth spending the money; although it sounds like the bike needs it down low. I wish it had an easier access or a switch so you could compare the difference easily by turning the tuner off completely. You are correct about the WOT as I bumped up the numbers and got nothing in return (I think I am t 1 now). I find the transition stage (7 and 8 I think) are very hard to tune seat of the pants. Do you know if the Wiseco is the same as some of the other units (FMF and the other that are the same)? Just wondering their numbers would cross over.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 pm

bikebums wrote:
Haha, yes WOT..Thanks for the input. Kinda makes me wonder if it was worth spending the money; although it sounds like the bike needs it down low. I wish it had an easier access or a switch so you could compare the difference easily by turning the tuner off completely. You are correct about the WOT as I bumped up the numbers and got nothing in return (I think I am t 1 now). I find the transition stage (7 and 8 I think) are very hard to tune seat of the pants. Do you know if the Wiseco is the same as some of the other units (FMF and the other that are the same)? Just wondering their numbers would cross over.
Thanks

I don't know much about the Wiseco programmer but I know that there are different levels of calibration between the early FMF programmers and the ones that came out later so there always tends to be confusion about the numbers. I doubt very much if the numbers would cross over.

If you want it done right take it over to a shop with a Dyno and they should be able to dial it in for you - although you may have to help them with making changes on the Wiseco programmer if they are not familiar with it.

One other reason I chose not to run a programmer is to me it is another failure point waiting to happen. I remember after one pretty good bike drowning on the COBDR I could not get my WRR started again. Pulled the tank and the plug - verified I had air and spark so that left the fuel side of the equation. I was having a hell of a time verifying if I had fuel then I began to think the water fried the programmer. So I pulled the connectors and went back to stock but still no go. So while that did not resolve the issue it did plant the seed in my mind that this was a piece of electronics that did not go through OEM testing and could be prone to failure so after that trip I decided to remove it and have been running without one since.

I ended up having a friend tow me back down the trail and into the town of Delores where I discovered that some one had changed my oil and replaced it with chocolate milk! After dropping the chocolate milk and putting oil back it the bike fired up... took 4 oil changes to get rid of all the chocolate milk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiseco fuel programmer   Wiseco fuel programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Wiseco fuel programmer
Page 1 of 1