Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scinap

Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose? Empty
PostSubject: Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose?   Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Just bought a third hand WR and am starting an extended tour on it. About 300 miles in I blew a headlight fuse, and replace it. maybe 400 miles later another one, and then blew a third after 20 minutes of riding. I borrowed a multi-meter and started testing for continuity from the fuse to the light and turn signal housing, but everything seems fine. Am I going to have to wait till it blows again and then test on the side of the road? In case it's not obvious, I'm bloody clueless. No obvious grounds. The previous owner had added in a line to charge his Garmin, and has some charging ports added in too. No idea where they are wired to.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose?   Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 5:01 am

Sounds like an intermittent short; it's possible that the previous owner exposed a wire while installing the extra outlets. The only way to troubleshoot this is to carefully follow all the wires the PO installed, and notice if there is some frayed wire that could be making contact with the frame.
Back to top Go down

Blowing headlight fuse. How to diagnose?
Page 1 of 1