Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight

Go down 
+20
jimrobinette
Infra
Jäger
jonny-NITRO
matttys
superbee24
Nice Rumble
lamented
lukachuki
Crawdaddy
bash3r
hughtwg
clapped_r6
vwsandman
WRoldman
King Wolf
INSTIGATOR
skierd
HOSS
12oclocker
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight Empty
PostSubject: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:43 pm

I've got a WR250R/X Integrated Taillight solution in development (turn signals in the taillight)!
So anyone looking for something like this, hang in there, I'm working to get it done asap!!
It will have user selectable turn signal patterns, standard blink, chase lights, ect. I think everything will really like this one!!
I'll post up pics as soon as I have the prototype finished!!!
Let me know what you guys think!!, who would be interested in something like this, post up!
Back to top Go down
HOSS

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 pm

I would be interested. Sounds cool, What's the price point target?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 pm

I don't quite have the cost figured out yet, I'm definitely going to make it as affordable as I possibly can though WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

I'd be interested, assuming

1) the taillight is as bright or brighter than stock

2) if you can make it flash 3 times before going solid when applying the brakes like some of the brake light modulators, that would be tits.

3) the turn signals are still clearly visible when flashing.

4) the wiring is basically plug n' play simple. Factory connectors straight up work and make it idiot (me) proof.

5) its cheaper than the DRC+flashers. Preferably cheaper than the DRC alone...
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 pm

I think it's going to be inline of your existing taillight.

I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:41 am

1) the taillight is as bright or brighter than stock (YES!!)

2) if you can make it flash 3 times before going solid when applying the brakes like some of the brake light modulators, that would be tits.
(YES IT WILL HAVE THE SAFETY BRAKE FLASHING!!)

3) the turn signals are still clearly visible when flashing.
(YES)

4) the wiring is basically plug n' play simple. Factory connectors straight up work and make it idiot (me) proof.
(WORKING ON THAT, BUT FOR THE MOST PART YES)

5) its cheaper than the DRC+flashers. Preferably cheaper than the DRC alone...
cheaper than the DRC+flashers, MOST LIKEY!
Preferably cheaper than the DRC alone...... well I'm actually working WITH a drc product on this, this will be an accessory to the Edge2 taillight,
I've already worked out things to be a DRC dealer so I can get the taillight parts to build everything. I'm sending one of the prototypes to DRC's usa distributor to check out when it's done, drc might be interested in it themselves once the product is done, we'll see what they have to say about it once they get the prototype.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 am

12oclocker wrote:
I've got a WR250R/X Integrated Taillight solution in development (turn signals in the taillight)!
So anyone looking for something like this, hang in there, I'm working to get it done asap!!
It will have user selectable turn signal patterns, standard blink, chase lights, ect. I think everything will really like this one!!
I'll post up pics as soon as I have the prototype finished!!!
Let me know what you guys think!!, who would be interested in something like this, post up!

You just keep amazing me 12oclocker. And i am totally interested in this...
And i remember reading on some R1 forums about how to turn your stock taillight into both your blinkers and taillight...just but adding some leds to it mostly.
It that pretty much the same idea here? Just wondering
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:38 am

Very cool! WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865 Count me in for one.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 am

Quote :
You just keep amazing me 12oclocker. And i am totally interested in this...
And
i remember reading on some R1 forums about how to turn your stock
taillight into both your blinkers and taillight...just but adding some
leds to it mostly.
It that pretty much the same idea here? Just wondering
This is a first of is kind, something never done before.
It will be the first microprocessor controlled integrated motorcycle taillight with user selectable flashing patterns!
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 am

Sounds like a winner to me...I am interested in one for sure.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:53 am

I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Sounds like a great idea, BUT Custom LED already sells something very similar as the tailight is the same as a Yamaha R1 from 2002-2003. I have the integrated turn signal unit/tailight from them. The added flash features will be nice, but that can be done with the products from Signal Dynamics. So I would factor in the cost of those products combined when you do pricing for your design. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 am

i got ahold of a unit from clear alternatives, cheap off of craigslist, from an 03 r1

now i just need some time to chop off the mullet and make it look niiiiiiiice
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:38 am

vwsandman wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, BUT Custom LED already sells something very similar as the tailight is the same as a Yamaha R1 from 2002-2003. I have the integrated turn signal unit/tailight from them. The added flash features will be nice, but that can be done with the products from Signal Dynamics. So I would factor in the cost of those products combined when you do pricing for your design. Good luck!
I think your missing one of the key features, take a look at 12oclockLabs.com "IN THE LAB" section, watch the supermoto tailight video, This taillight will be able to do the chasing flash displayed in that video, as well as standard flashing patterns, this will be the only product to employ such features.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:24 am

Personally, I could care less about the chasing flash. Its neat, but its something else to confuse the already witless cagers around here. WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 851577 As long as a standard flash (like the Custom LED) is available, I'm still in for one! WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 am

skierd wrote:
Personally, I could care less about the chasing flash. Its neat, but its something else to confuse the already witless cagers around here. WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 851577 As long as a standard flash (like the Custom LED) is available, I'm still in for one! WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
yes it sure will WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:41 am

12oclocker wrote:
vwsandman wrote:
I think your missing one of the key features, take a look at 12oclockLabs.com "IN THE LAB" section, watch the supermoto tailight video, This taillight will be able to do the chasing flash displayed in that video, as well as standard flashing patterns, this will be the only product to employ such features.

That is fine, and I wish you all the luck with your design, there are people who will want those features. I would only want the flash of the brake light like in the Back Off module from Signal Dynamics, I use that on my FZ1.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:35 am

vwsandman wrote:
That is fine, and I wish you all the luck with your design, there are people who will want those features. I would only want the flash of the brake light like in the Back Off module from Signal Dynamics, I use that on my FZ1.
Gottcha covered on that WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
Back to top Go down
hughtwg

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Any chance of getting turn signals with red lenses and being able to use them as running lights as well?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:05 pm

For that Tach in the lab, how about a sequential LED unit that fits above the OEM instrument cluster? I would buy one of those for sure! Not so big on the numbers kind, just a graphic Formula One style, that would be very cool! Just a thin stip in a black plastic housing that would attach to the top and look OEM. I wish someone made that.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:43 pm

vwsandman wrote:
For that Tach in the lab, how about a sequential LED unit that fits above the OEM instrument cluster? I would buy one of those for sure! Not so big on the numbers kind, just a graphic Formula One style, that would be very cool! Just a thin stip in a black plastic housing that would attach to the top and look OEM. I wish someone made that.
that's do-able, I'll look into that
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: F1 style tach   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 pm

That would be awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 6:56 pm

12oclocker.. i'm totally interested. My question is will this unit come with the license plate mount as well?? a complete swap of the nasty stock tail light/license plate unit. Some states require the license plate to be lit up too??

Can't wait to see it...
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:22 am

Here's the video everyone...

....yes, the kit will have license
plate mount, and white LED's to light up the license plate show through
the bottom of the lense, though the video here does not show the
license plate mount, because I mount my plate under the fender...

Whoever is interested in one post up, I'm going to start pre-orders
probably at the end of this week, once I have about 5 or more
pre-orders, it will probably take me about 2 weeks to get the units
built.

Unit will be TOTALLY PLUG AND PLAY!!!! Plugs into Stock Taillight, and Stock Turn Signal Connectors!!!
Kit's cost will be $119 + priority mail shipping cost, this is special price for the first 10 built.
That's only $35 over the cost of the DRC taillight!, microprocessor controlled
module will be pre-installed, and the factory OEM connectors will be
attached! It will be ready to mount, Plug-In, and Go!!!

Last edited by 12oclocker on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 am

12oclocker wrote:
Whoever is interested in one post up

Nice work - I'm "'in" w/ license plate bracket - thanks WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 525406 WR250R/X Integrated Taillight 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next