Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Finishing up my new bike!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HighDrag

Finishing up my new bike! Empty
PostSubject: Finishing up my new bike!   Finishing up my new bike! EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Just about done with mods/farkles on my new bike. I am not really into spending money on performance mods so I am leaving the engine and exhaust alone. I have also left the suspension stock for now even though I am heavy for it at 210lb. I have added almost everything I see as necessary to make it do what I want, except for auxiliary lights which I am looking into. So far though I have done the following:

Zeta oversize bar adapters with Pro Taper EVO Woods High bars.
Tusk hand guards with integrated LED turn signals.
Fastway EVO Air footpegs
DRC Edge 2 tail tidy with Tusk LED turn signals.
12oclocklabs SpeedoDRD (love this mod!)
Double Take Enduro mirrors
IMS 3.1 Gallon tank. I tried a 2" one-way breather hose on the gas cap but experienced strange things such as hesitation when cold and when I stopped the gas started overflowing the hose! I've used these before without problems though.
Seat Concepts full seat
Precision Motorcycle Rack
RK RX 520 chain
Rental TwinRing rear sprocket (50T)
Primary Drive front sprocket (14T). I discovered that the stock case guard no longer fit, so I knocked the aluminum spacers out of it and used them to reinstall the stock cover.
Wolfman enduro bags and number plate bag.

After these changes I am really happy with the bike. I love in Cloudcroft, NM, so I get to ride lots of mountain roads. Mostly gravel. Or I can drop down into the desert. Great bike for it all.

Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

Finishing up my new bike! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finishing up my new bike!   Finishing up my new bike! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Sounds ready to go get dirty! I came through Cloudcroft when I rode the NMBDR earlier this year. What an amazing state, I envy all the great riding you have in front of you. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Finishing up my new bike!
Page 1 of 1