Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

oil leak engine seize

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1HIwr

oil leak  engine seize Empty
PostSubject: oil leak engine seize   oil leak  engine seize EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 12:04 am

hello all,

been lurking for a while just reading but the time has come where the WR has broken down and i need some advise from the forum!

anyway I have a basically brand new 2016 WR250R that just turned 1500 miles. first service completed.

Yesterday while approcahing a stoplight i feel a loss of power and as i stop the engine shuts down. try to restart with no luck. push the bike to the side of the road and see oil all over the place (rear tire, swingarm, fender, everything soaked in oil.

Im assuming the motor shut off because of no oil in the crankcase and something overheated and gave.

I purchased the bike 11/02/2017
this happened 11/09/2018

I bring it to the dealer and they say sorry you're out of the 1 year warranty period.

I explain that it must be some kind of defect that let all the oil out of the engine. I am then told they would check it out and see what the issue is and we can go from there.

I tell them that the engine must be shot because it shut down.

the GM then tells me that the bike will shut down when it "senses" that there is no oil in it. < hahahahahahah.

now i dont know what to do when the GM is already blowin smoke up my butt. I know these crooks are not going to help me out.

I search online and there is a recall for oil leak that was supposed to be taken care of by the dealer before the bike was sold (obviously not done by my crooked yamaha/harley dealer here). now there is now way to prove that they did not complete the recall work as they could easily just add the service into their records and make like they completed it.

can anyone give me some advise on what actions to take next.

the bike is currently at the dealership and i know they will blame me for the oil leaking out. i had many issues with this dealership in the past and they do very shady business.

any legal help out there willing to take on yamaha?
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

oil leak  engine seize Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil leak engine seize   oil leak  engine seize EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Lots of questions here. What does "basically brand new 2016 WR250R" mean? Did you buy it new? Did you buy it from this dealer you're talking about? Same for "first service completed". Did you do the service or did they? Have they told you what they think caused the oil leak yet?
Back to top Go down

oil leak engine seize
Page 1 of 1