Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r/x fork protector

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wr-blaster

wr250r/x fork protector Empty
PostSubject: wr250r/x fork protector   wr250r/x fork protector EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:48 am

greetings I have recently fitted a black plastics full kit to my wr250r I think its from the wr250x anyway it all went fine a bit more fiddly than expected but the front brake hose clamp on the fork protector is about 2'' lower than wr250r one is this a problem with brake hose length ect or is just a straight swap over just clamp it where it sits best regards martin
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: wr250r/x fork protector   wr250r/x fork protector EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Should not be an issue. They did that to keep the brake line away from the wider wheel and tire the X had.
Back to top Go down
wr-blaster

PostSubject: Re: wr250r/x fork protector   wr250r/x fork protector EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 am

thank you for your reply I was a bit worried about it as you don't really want any problems with your brakes. if anyone wants a full black plastics kit I got mine off ebay imported from the usa best regards martin
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: wr250r/x fork protector   wr250r/x fork protector EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am

I had a thought about this so I looked into the part numbers for that front brake line. They are different. I’m assuming it’s because the X has a lower clamp, therefore the hard straight part of the brake line may be a couple of inches longer. Looking at stock photos side by side this appears to be the case.

I still think it will not be an issue. Just make sure the clamp holds the line securely. If you’re really worried about it, it looks like you can pick up an X brake line for 40 some dollars from rocky mountain atv/mc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r/x fork protector   wr250r/x fork protector Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r/x fork protector
Page 1 of 1