Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Unresponsive Throttle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crispy_chris

Unresponsive Throttle Empty
PostSubject: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm

My throttle will intermittently lag. By this I mean that I will twist it and the engine will not respond with an increase in RPMs. This issue most commonly happens when I'm trying to downshift. I pull the clutch in, kick down the shifter, and blip the throttle, but the engine won't rev. However, the engine will usually respond if I blip the throttle a second time. Occasionally this problem will also happen when starting from a dead stop, but not nearly as often as when I'm trying to downshift. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 8:18 am

Is there one of the electronic fuel programmers being used?
Back to top Go down
crispy_chris

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 8:25 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Is there one of the electronic fuel programmers being used?

Such as the PC3 or FMF programmer? Nope I don't have one of those. The only mods other than superficial ones are a Yoshimura pipe and different sprocket.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:21 am

Did this suddenly start happening out of seemingly nowhere?
Was the bike running fine and this suddenly happened, or was there an issue that gradually got worse over time?
Was the bike sitting around for a long period of time without being ridden recently?
What's the air filter look like?
Back to top Go down
crispy_chris

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Did this suddenly start happening out of seemingly nowhere?
Was the bike running fine and this suddenly happened, or was there an issue that gradually got worse over time?
Was the bike sitting around for a long period of time without being ridden recently?
What's the air filter look like?

Yeah it seemed to start out of nowhere. The bike has sat for a bit in my possession. I bought it summer of 2017 and it has gone a couple months without being ridden during winter 2017-2018 and winter 2018-2019. I'll take a look at the air filter when I get home this weekend and report back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unresponsive Throttle   Unresponsive Throttle Empty

Back to top Go down

Unresponsive Throttle
Page 1 of 1