Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Throttle Tube Mod Issues

Go down 
+2
johnkol
Bauza426
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bauza426

Throttle Tube Mod Issues Empty
PostSubject: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I tried throwing on the R6 throttle tube like some people have done, but for some reason it would not work at all with the "second" throttle cable.

I cut it, thinking just the one would be enough, but now the throttle closes up too slowly if I'm not forcing it.

Has anyone done this mod without any issues?

I'm probably going to have to go back to that long pull stock tube and replace that second cable.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 2:56 am

I have installed the R6 throttle tube on my CBR, and it worked without any problems; I wouldn't expect the WRR to be any different.

On my WRR I have the G2 throttle tube installed, again without any problems.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:17 am

My guess is having to do with either too little cable free play binding the action, the throttle tube is rubbing against the end of the handlebar or throttle housing, the cables are not working smoothly and need to be lubed or replaced, or a combination of the above.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:22 am

I ran the R6 tube for a while with no issues. In order to turn faster, the R6 cam is larger diameter, which means you have to lengthen the cable length adjusters when swapping from stock to R6 tube. And you'll have to shorten it again if you switch back to the stock tube.

Whatever you cut wasn't necessary.

Throttle Tube Mod Issues Thrott13
Back to top Go down
hrudi

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

You can turn your existing throttle tube into a custom one by hacksawing the groves where wires run in making it less abrupt when you turn it.
Works like a dam and saved 50 bucks
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 2:57 pm

You, did that aswell to tame my wr450f.
Never thought the 250 needed a different tube, atleast not for me.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Never thought the 250 needed a different tube, at least not for me.

LOL, these bikes definitely aren't overpowered. My issue with my WRR was that I couldn't tame the twitchy low-speed EFI jerkiness coming on and off of the throttle, especially near idle speed. It was maddening while riding slower more technical singletrack trails or practicing full steering lock figure-8 turns on flat ground. With the stock bike mine was bad enough that I was going to sell it in favor of something else if I couldn't tune it out. I'd read that the EFI programmers, especially the PC V, could tune that out but I like the quiet stock exhaust with EXUP power valve.

TPS adjustment initially gave me some relief, but the twitchiness was still there. The R6 street bike tube helped me move on and off of idle faster, getting me through the "jerky zone" faster, but it made all other throttle action faster too, which wasn't so great for slow trail riding. The G2 Dirt Tamer with Y400 cam fixed all of that for me and I've been riding happily with it for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 pm

Have you adjusted your CO settings in the dash? That combined with the tps adjustement made wonders for me.
Thinking about it im pretty sure i also removed just about all the slack from the throttle cable.

Im glad the different tube worked out for you, many others seems happy about that aswell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tube Mod Issues   Throttle Tube Mod Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Throttle Tube Mod Issues
Page 1 of 1