Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smackdab

What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? Empty
PostSubject: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 am

My 2015 WRR s showing some dark discoloration on the lower front part of the right side white plastic, just behind the frame. See pic. I'm the second owner, and have only had it a few months, but problem seems to be getting worse. Doesn't seem to come off with casual washing. Any ideas?What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? 20190410
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:07 am

It's from the rider's boot rubbing it and grinding dirt into it.
Happens to practically any motorcycle, especially with white plastic.

Have you tried cleaning it a paper towel and contact/brake cleaner?
Back to top Go down
smackdab

PostSubject: Re: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 am

Of course! I should have thought of that (can you tell I'm new to riding dirt?). It's a little strange, then, that I only see this on the right side of the bike. Maybe the plastics are positioned differently on the left side? Maybe somehow I'm squeezing harder with my right knee? I'll take a look.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripper

PostSubject: Re: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 10:48 am

You need the Magic Eraser.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BR1FSU8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00BR1FSU8&pd_rd_w=nCcAh&pf_rd_p=80559f3c-f83b-49c1-8a72-40f936e9df7a&pd_rd_wg=NYd0s&pf_rd_r=AM6Z953NBRA01ZK0NT1Z&pd_rd_r=6a5ae4dd-5b9f-11e9-b52b-7f206e8c570c
Back to top Go down
DataSci

PostSubject: Re: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:19 am

Mine gets the same stain in the same spot. WD40 and some light scrubbing wit a paper towel cleans it right off for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?   What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the discoloration on my WRR's white plastic?
Page 1 of 1