Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

coolant temperature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beckert

coolant temperature Empty
PostSubject: coolant temperature   coolant temperature EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 10:22 am

hi guys,

i'am new to this comunity, so hello there! woohoo got a lot of very old bikes before i came to my new project: a 2010 wr250r.

beeing absolutely happy so far, beside that i've notices that in regular city traffic the temp comes up pretty fast and the temperature warning light comes on a lot.

1) ive found in users manueal that thermostat should open the cooling fan at about 70° C up to about 85° C. is that right?
2) is there any information about the mentioned coolant temperature warning light?
3) is there a overheat protection shutdown built in?

greetings :-) becker
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: coolant temperature   coolant temperature EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm

1) Fan doesnt start untill slightly after 100 c.
But the thermostat opens completely around the temps youre stating

2) What kind of information? Shut the bike of, let it cool for a minutes, and check the coolant level.

3) No, only prolonged idle, or thelean anglesensor (bike tipping over) will make the bike shut of on its own

Check if the fan is acutally spinning, some have experienced the blade part tear of, and only the motor itself was spinning, so dont go by the sound of it. Make sure collant is topped of, and the cap is sealing well.

Last edited by Jens Eskildsen on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beckert

PostSubject: Re: coolant temperature   coolant temperature EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 am

hi jens, thanks for response!

for 2): do you know the temperature the warning light triggers on?

thanks for the hint about the fan, ill check this. thumb
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: coolant temperature   coolant temperature EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 6:27 pm

No, sorry. I dont.

Please keep us updated regarding your fan.

Last edited by Jens Eskildsen on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beckert

PostSubject: Re: coolant temperature   coolant temperature EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 2:35 am

can do, fan is working correctly. i'll go forward to renew coolant liquid and oil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coolant temperature   coolant temperature Empty

Back to top Go down

coolant temperature
Page 1 of 1