Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

250X full engine rebuild

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gear Head

250X full engine rebuild Empty
PostSubject: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Hey guys! First post... looking into a nice low price high mileage 250X and I was curious if the WR250R rebuild kits will work with the 250X engine/case/trans?

If not, say I need some lower end bearings, would I need to buy OEM replacements?
I’m looking to rebuild the entire case.. top end, bottom end, and trans.

Thanks for any advice!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 1:42 am

To answer the question you asked, the WRX engine is identical to the WRR one, so whatever works on the WRR will work on the WRX too.

Having said that, I would never bother doing a bottom end; for less money you can get a lightly used motor, and in the process avoid all the hassle of rebuilding the engine yourself.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 am

How many miles? Theese bikes go FAR!
Several have reached 100.000km (if not miles) on an unopened motor
Back to top Go down
Gear Head

PostSubject: Re: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 3:31 pm

johnkol wrote:
To answer the question you asked, the WRX engine is identical to the WRR one, so whatever works on the WRR will work on the WRX too.

Having said that, I would never bother doing a bottom end; for less money you can get a lightly used motor, and in the process avoid all the hassle of rebuilding the engine yourself.

thanks for the info! i was looking at it as more of a winter project to rebuild it. I don't mind the hassle, in fact, that's kind of the reason i bought it was to rebuild it. That should open up my options if in fact the WRR parts will work for the WRX

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
How many miles? Theese bikes go FAR!
Several have reached 100.000km (if not miles) on an unopened motor

This bike has 35k miles on the clock, got the valves adjusted at 26k by the previous owner, it has an old Dr.D exhaust and FMF fuel programmer. It doesn't leak anywhere yet but has some bearing noise that's starting to show up like main bearings or trans bearings hence the reason i'll need to split the case eventually..

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 2:20 am

Gear Head wrote:
i was looking at it as more of a winter project to rebuild it.

If this is a fun project for you, then sure, why not? In that case I would definitely buy all OEM parts, I would not trust aftermarket parts for engine internals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 250X full engine rebuild   250X full engine rebuild Empty

Back to top Go down

250X full engine rebuild
Page 1 of 1