Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

any jeep owners?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dwollie

any jeep owners? Empty
PostSubject: any jeep owners?   any jeep owners? EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 pm

I am in the market for a used JK, preferably '98-'15 model. It will be my DD but I will be using it for some light off-roading. Also, my plan is to put aftermarket jeep accessories like new fenders, lift kit and maybe a winch. Is there any specific year model that I need to avoid? Any tips on what to check when buying a used Wrangler JK? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
JoeHop

JoeHop

any jeep owners? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any jeep owners?   any jeep owners? EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

The '98-'06 models are TJ with JK being introduced as an '07 model. The TJ Jeep is much smaller and can be had with the awesome 4.0 inline 6. The Rubicon model came out in '03 and in '05 you could get an Unlimited model (LJ). The '05-'06 Unlimited Rubicon is highly sought after and harder to find. As far as JK Jeeps ('07-'18) anything after '12 is the way to go. From '07 to '11 the JK was cursed with the 3.8 V6 straight from the Caravan mini van. These were horrible underpowered engines that lost the amazing torque and reliability of the outgoing 4.0 inline. The 3.6 Pentastar engine in the '12 and newer totally redeemed the move from an inline 6 to a V6. For a daily driver I would look for a hard top and hard doors. Remember when you start adding lift, bigger tires and heavy add-ons you will need to regear the axles$$$ Also remember that JEEP is an abbreviation for Just Empty Every Pocket!
Back to top Go down

any jeep owners?
Page 1 of 1