Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

De-duding the cosmetics?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedHotFuzz

De-duding the cosmetics? Empty
PostSubject: De-duding the cosmetics?   De-duding the cosmetics? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi all, new guy here, on the research leg of a dual-sport bike, mainly for trail use. My first motorcyle since my Honda Trail 70 as a kid. The WR250R has quickly risen to the top of my list. I started with the XT250 but realized the WR250R would probably be a better "lifetime" bike that I wouldn't feel compelled to trade right away. At 50 years old, I don't anticipate a need for any hi-po dirt bikes in the remainder of my lifetime. I want something with a solid foundation that I can mod to meet my needs/taste and then ride forever.

Question about cosmetics. Yeah, yeah, I know, it shouldn't really matter what a trail bike looks like, but just as I'm not going to cruise around town in a Subaru WRX with a wing on the back and "performance" stickers on the sides, I'd prefer a trail bike that doesn't scream Motorcross Bro. Sadly it seems all manufacturers' bikes that are trail-worthy have that Motorcross Bro aesthetic, except for Kawasaki, with their tasteful black camo option on the KLX250. Looks super stealth right out of the box:

De-duding the cosmetics? 2018-Kawasaki-KLX250-camo

Just a couple of decal peels away from real beauty. The WR250R (and the Honda equivalent) have that X-Games track day vibe (not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing). What are the best ways to eliminate this if so desired?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: De-duding the cosmetics?   De-duding the cosmetics? EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Get the plastics wrapped if you like the camo thing.
Back to top Go down
dwollie

PostSubject: Re: De-duding the cosmetics?   De-duding the cosmetics? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:20 pm

I agree on vinyl wrap. It is cheaper and easier to do than painting.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: De-duding the cosmetics?   De-duding the cosmetics? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 6:28 am

I'd buy the black bodywork from the WR250X if the original blue bothers you.

Personally, the styling doesn't say "Motocross Bro" to me.
Not even close.
If you were to put some juvenile graphics/decals on it, then it probably would.
To me, the styling looks good.
If the blue stands out too much for you, the black without decals would work pretty well.
I owned a black WR250X.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De-duding the cosmetics?   De-duding the cosmetics? Empty

Back to top Go down

De-duding the cosmetics?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: