Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

199 KM/h and engine cutting out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoai199

199 KM/h and engine cutting out Empty
PostSubject: 199 KM/h and engine cutting out   199 KM/h and engine cutting out EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 6:16 pm

I have this weird issue where my speedo can show 199Km/h while I’m actually doing like 50 and when it happens - the engine cuts out like on a rev limiter thing.

It also show some speed like 30kmh when I’m standing still.
I read somewhere it might have happened due to low battery voltage that fucked up the speedo or the ECU?

I wish I knew which one is it since they’re both so expensive to buy
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 199 KM/h and engine cutting out   199 KM/h and engine cutting out EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 4:44 pm

I've seen talk about a low battery voltage that fucks up the speedo.Installing a speedohealer / speedo drd seem to have helped people.

But this shouldnt make the bike cut out. Have you checked the wires and connector for the speedo sensor? Its under the left sidepanel, towards the front of the battery.
Back to top Go down
Yoai199

PostSubject: Re: 199 KM/h and engine cutting out   199 KM/h and engine cutting out EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 5:10 am

The speed sensor is a good idea to look at and I haven't thought about it before, do you think it can cause the engine power to cut out?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 199 KM/h and engine cutting out   199 KM/h and engine cutting out EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 2:54 am

As I said above, i dont see how something with the speed sensor would make the bike cut out.

A low battery might to some extent do that, and is also a known cause for the speedo to read way too high.

Just check it to rule it out, theres no way to know it its one big issue, or a combaniation of a few.

Hope you get it sorted and post your results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 199 KM/h and engine cutting out   199 KM/h and engine cutting out Empty

Back to top Go down

199 KM/h and engine cutting out
Page 1 of 1