Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
peterjfox69

Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyMon May 11, 2020 7:23 am

Hi There,
Can anyone give me some advice on the best handlebars to fit to my WR250R?
I'm 6ft 170lbs and will be mainly using the bike as an adventure tourer as I already own a WR250F.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm

I Put Pro Taper 1& 1/8" bars,CR high bend & changed the bar mounts ( EZ they un bolt from underneath) Stock cables work fine with this set up
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R Ea8beb10
Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R De756410
Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyMon May 11, 2020 8:05 pm

I'm using ProTaper 1-1/8" CR Mids w ProTaper Universal adapters.  They give me good control but my wrist hurts after anything over 100mi day. I need more sweep.  So I picked up Zeta Super Moto Low bars to try out, they have a hair more.  Haven't put them on yet though.

edit: longer cables not required but I did reroute the start switch wiring to go under my handguard for more slack so not to pull that connection that goes to the frame behind the radiator.
Back to top Go down
peterjfox69

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyTue May 12, 2020 2:48 am

Thanks for the info.

Whats the main difference between the 7/8 and 1 1/8 bars? Is the vibration on long road trips any different between the bars?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyTue May 12, 2020 9:07 am

peterjfox69 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Whats the main difference between the 7/8 and 1 1/8 bars?  Is the vibration on long road trips any different between the bars?

Thanks

Honestly I didn't really notice much of the vibration issue. What was noticeable was the control I had on the bike with wider, better placed bars.
Back to top Go down
peterjfox69

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyTue May 12, 2020 9:11 am

Monica wrote:
peterjfox69 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Whats the main difference between the 7/8 and 1 1/8 bars?  Is the vibration on long road trips any different between the bars?

Thanks

Honestly I didn't really notice much of the vibration issue.  What was noticeable was the control I had on the bike with wider, better placed bars.

Thanks Monica.

What tyre are you running? I'm looking for 60/40 offroad/road
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:57 am

1-1/8 bars are stronger if you fall, harder to bend
Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:05 pm

peterjfox69 wrote:
Monica wrote:
peterjfox69 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Thanks

Honestly I didn't really notice much of the vibration issue.  What was noticeable was the control I had on the bike with wider, better placed bars.

Thanks Monica.

What tyre are you running?  I'm looking for 60/40 offroad/road

Running TKC80 front and rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R   Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Handle Bar Upgrade for WR250R
Page 1 of 1