Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

spark plug!

Go down 
+14
Jens Eskildsen
Jäger
zone47
greer
Snomore
eakins
Navajib
King Wolf
PonchoV
Bob
inspector
Pancho
wilburj
skierd
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Caldsy

Caldsy

spark plug! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark plug!   spark plug! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:25 am

I'm installing an IMS tank over the coming weeks and have already purchased a new plug to install. only 5000kms but cheap insurance. I like running all my toys with new plugs, clean filters, fresh oil. Cheap Insurance IMO. Thanks for the write up on this procedure.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: spark plug!   spark plug! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 pm

I dug up this thread cause my plug was ready to change @ 9300 mi. Only thing I can add is you don't really need to remove the tank, I tied it up to the grip and had plenty of room to access the plug, that way you don't have to fool with the fuel line or pump electrical. I checked the gap on the old plug was 35 thou, supposed to be .024-.028 spark plug! - Page 2 Wr250_10
Back to top Go down
Flycast47

Flycast47

PostSubject: Re: spark plug!   spark plug! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Looks like a good way to simplify the spark plug replacement.  A few comments on previous posts:  If Yamaha had thought that an Iridium plug was necessary they would have spec'd one as OEM. Same comment goes for Nippon Denso plugs.  I believe that Iridium plugs are great and particularly useful in car where you go 100K miles before spark plug maintenance.  On a motorcycle where most of us would replace plugs much more often the standard plug is more than adequate.  Maybe Yamaha felt that the dual electrodes were more effective than the single electrode on the Iridium plug?  Also recall that this model has been in production for 10 years now and Yamaha has likely accumulated a significant amount of data on what works well and what is superfluous.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: spark plug!   spark plug! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Non-riridium is way cheaper, saving 3-5 bucks on every bike sold adds up fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spark plug!   spark plug! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

spark plug!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2