Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeckrin

Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video Empty
PostSubject: Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video   Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 pm

First post here. Glad to become a member.

So I bought a 2018 WR250R with 2900 miles on it this month.

Bike rides great and has no issues other than it has a pronounced metalic buzz at certain RPM's. It's concerning as it's not the entire rev range and I want to make sure nothing is wrong.

I have spent a bunch of time reviewing the noise and I think it's coming from the top end. Quite possibly the exhaust mount or o rings. I did tighten it up real good though and it makes the same noise.

Anyone know what this might be? Or if it's just normal and their bike makes the same noise?

I made a video below. If you listen closely you can see that the metal buzzing sound does not start until right after the RPM's get a little higher. What I tried to do in the video is to rev it just to the point that you get the metalic buzz over and over. The last 10 seconds of the video is more clear as I was able to capture it a little better over and over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video   Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:42 pm

try again with skid plate removed
Back to top Go down
Zeckrin

PostSubject: Re: Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video   Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 pm

beer goggle wrote:
try again with skid plate removed

Thanks, I guess I should have mentioned in the post. I have a plastic skid plate and I did remove it but the buzz remains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video   Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine Metalic Buzz at certain RPM's - Video
Page 1 of 1