Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wr250x 09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekull

Wr250x 09 Empty
PostSubject: Wr250x 09   Wr250x 09 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 am

Hey guys I got a 250x that I bought from a guy ,said it was starting And working fine then kept blowing fuses ,and never started again and he thought it was the coil or stator, so when I saw the bike after I bought it thinking was just a simple problem I too checked those parts in reference to the workshop manual, everyone checked out fine the blowing of the fuses were due to bad wiring which I sorted as well but the bike had no ecu output to either the pump (fuel) to he ground to turn on the lights and it came with the missing instrument cluster so you can't tell what's wrong, however I decided to wiring in a modular ecu from link g4+ in which I finally got the bike to power up ,lights ,relays ,fuel pump priming etc at the turn of the key just by splicing into the stock wire harness got the spark to fire at the timing light mark ,but the bike only coughs to want to start but doesn't do it for long and just cranks over after that no coughs to start, now I decided to look at the cam marks they are close to what the manual says but for me it can be better , checked the oil and it was looking more like light chocolate milk when I drained it ,can anyone tell me what they think may be the issues .
Wr250x 09 Img-2012Wr250x 09 Img-2012
Back to top Go down
Starpower

Wr250x 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wr250x 09   Wr250x 09 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Sure looks like water got in the oil, maybe a head gasket?

Thekull likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thekull

Wr250x 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wr250x 09   Wr250x 09 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

That's what I believe as well so I did a compression leak down test as I didn't want to take the head off just yet to see if I have air bubbles in my radiator, removed the thermostat ,put the engine at TDC and shot 90psi in it heard some leakage on the intake side of things ,nothin on the exhaust ,heard crankcase venting ,no air bubbles in the radiator
Back to top Go down
Starpower

Wr250x 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wr250x 09   Wr250x 09 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Huuum, well water is getting in there somehow, hopefully it is not a cracked case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wr250x 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wr250x 09   Wr250x 09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wr250x 09
Page 1 of 1