Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Windshields?

Go down 
+27
Machtig
texascycle
thumper_tx
King Wolf
Herkypilot
Jaynen
lancek
sswrx
john92
bcpaul
bash3r
mlacey56
zrider
wilburj
greer
skipm
malibu_dan
Akoffroader
sendkcone
WeaveR
flatblack80
BPG
inspector
Goggles Pisano
Nice Rumble
SheWolf
lotsofwheels
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

Windshields? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 pm

BF: Your garage is too big. Let me send some stuff over to store for the winter so it doesn't look so empty! wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
BF: Your garage is too big. Let me send some stuff over to store for the winter so it doesn't look so empty! wink

Very happy

Thanks for the compliment. I just built it about a year ago - 870 sf. It's a good thing it's not insulated or I'd pretty much be living out there! bannana

No doubt, it ain't much compared to Malibu, but here's what the views are like with the door open..

Windshields? - Page 3 View_o10

And there's this cut going from the top of my driveway loop..

Windshields? - Page 3 Draina10

Windshields? - Page 3 Draina11

Truth in advertising, though. The residential structure is an 1100 sf p.o.s., but whaddya' expect for nothin'? I got it dirt cheap as a VA foreclosure. Good thing I bought the title insurance seeing the recent foreclosure snafu that was carefully fabricated, eh? freaky Yikes. Scary pitfall, that.

Thread related: Some more views above of the windshield. Yeah, that's weak.

-feet
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 pm

here is a link to a mod I posted a few weeks back. Goto a used parts warehouse/store. You'll be surprised what you can find to fabircate and fit. It's tight but with patience and precision you can make it work.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/windshield-mod-t3286.htm

Back to top Go down
sobxoutdoors

PostSubject: New WRX   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm thinking about a windshield for my new bike! I tried searching for this one here but didn't really score. Any ideas about this one? Not adjustable, but I don't think that would bother me. Do you think it might fit over the headlight fairing?

Thanks very much!

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N2595?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 am

Go back to page 1 of this thread. I'm thinking the one you're considering is a lot like the Slipstreamer BPG tried. You could always go the Harbor Freight route while you're pondering the other options.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 pm

bash3r wrote:
I notice a huge difference at speeds on mine.. ran it out today and still really noticed no fighting the wind as much and still recommend it. I wear a Shoei Hornet DS and it helps at speeds a lot.. !! awesome!
Hey Bash3r, I ride a Hornet also and boy it needs some serious help on this bike at speed. Thing wants take off on me and I dare not turn my head sideways. When ever I ride with the shield up the damm thing whistles. I'm starting to lose my love affair with the helmet. I'll try the Harbor Frieght thing and hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 am

mordicai wrote:
bash3r wrote:
I notice a huge difference at speeds on mine.. ran it out today and still really noticed no fighting the wind as much and still recommend it. I wear a Shoei Hornet DS and it helps at speeds a lot.. !! awesome!
Hey Bash3r, I ride a Hornet also and boy it needs some serious help on this bike at speed. Thing wants take off on me and I dare not turn my head sideways. When ever I ride with the shield up the damm thing whistles. I'm starting to lose my love affair with the helmet. I'll try the Harbor Frieght thing and hope it helps.

Good luck.. it's definitely different for everyone. on my WR with my harbor freight mod and Shoei Hornet I don't experience buffeting like I do on my Versys with my EXO-400. I'm usually running 10mph faster on my V that the WR but it's just evidence that the WR can run the highway comfortably for both bike and rider.

I also run Cycra handguards and a Safari tank which its all thrown in the mix.. but I find it still very comfortable. I'm sure running the EXO-400 would probably be even smoother than the Hornet, but I really like my Hornet. so comfy and need that visor on the trail..
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:27 am

I wish I could ride with the visor, but I had to take it off after the first day so I didn.t go airborne at anything over 45 MPH. Does your Hornet whistle riding around town with the shield up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windshields?   Windshields? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windshields?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: