Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spooderman

Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?   Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 pm

I have plan to ride very long distance next month or two so 8-10 weeks wait is okay for me (testing my luck to see if it can come sooner) but the problem is the price. I'm asking because I'm living on the side of the world and shipping cost is more than half the price of the seat so I'm curious if it really is worth it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?   Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 5:59 pm

Have you had any problems with the stock seat? I regularly ride 10 hours per day for several days in a row without any discomfort from the stock seat.
Back to top Go down
spooderman

PostSubject: Re: Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?   Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 pm

johnkol wrote:
Have you had any problems with the stock seat? I regularly ride 10 hours per day for several days in a row without any discomfort from the stock seat.

Width is too narrow, surface is not grippy enough + slope forward too much compared to CRF/XR, and the top shape is almost as rounded as a log. Maybe because I have a fat ass, because after 1h it's like i'm sitting on a horizontal pole slowly sliding into my crack like cutting a birthday cake but from the bottom. And when i'm stuck in traffic i tend to sit outside the seat with 1 butt cheek/quad on the seat only.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?   Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Sounds like you need a different seat. I'm not the best person to give advice on seat choices since I have always found the seats on all the bikes I have had to be couch-like comfortable. Maybe another member with more experience will be able to chime in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?   Is the seat concept ($360) worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the seat concept ($360) worth it?
Page 1 of 1