Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Renazco Seat

Go down 
+3
xcel
Bgunn
asheville thumper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:11 am

I ordered a Renazco seat back in August and it finally arrived last week. I ended up going with the black suede with blue vinyl sides. I had them raise the seat 1.75" in the front and taper it back to and additional .75" in the rear. This makes it almost perfectly flat and raises the seat height up to about 38". I've always thought the WR seat was a little low compared to other trail bikes on the market and wanted to fix it from day one. I've promised some pics on another thread....so here they are.

Last edited by asheville thumper on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Oh yeah   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Looking good Renazco Seat 61865 I'm hanging in till may for one. I see some white stuff in the background. Didn't think you got much of that in NC.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Bgunn wrote:
Looking good Renazco Seat 61865 I'm hanging in till may for one. I see some white stuff in the background. Didn't think you got much of that in NC.

Not too much snow here, but I'm in the western part of the state in the mountains at about 3500 ft. We got about 12-15" last week.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Asheville Thumper:

Now that you have had more than a few miles with your Renazco, how do you like it now?

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
stallspeed

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Sweet seat!!!! I was planning on doing the exact same thing w/ Renazco that you did with raising the front up and then tapering it back. I have it on my "To Do" list for the bike!!! Congrats!!

On another note and not to thread jack, but with what you did to your seat and looking at your risers and handlebars (guessing you are tall like me 6'2" approx.)....what type of risers and handlebars do you have and did you have to replace your clutch, throttle, and break cables because they may have been too short? Have read a lot about that type of stuff when replacing the handlebars......PM me if you can, so we don't go off topic with your thread here....Thanks in advance! thumb
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:48 pm

looks like some rox risers, with a mini bend or hi bend bar..

very nice seat, btw!
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:39 pm

stallspeed wrote:
Sweet seat!!!! I was planning on doing the exact same thing w/ Renazco that you did with raising the front up and then tapering it back. I have it on my "To Do" list for the bike!!! Congrats!!

On another note and not to thread jack, but with what you did to your seat and looking at your risers and handlebars (guessing you are tall like me 6'2" approx.)....what type of risers and handlebars do you have and did you have to replace your clutch, throttle, and break cables because they may have been too short? Have read a lot about that type of stuff when replacing the handlebars......PM me if you can, so we don't go off topic with your thread here....Thanks in advance! Renazco Seat 61865

I don't think it qualifies as a thread hijack since I started it Renazco Seat 61865

First, thanks for the compliments, the seat has been great. That was the last piece of the puzzle for getting the bike set up for me. I'm 6'6", 190lbs and 36" inseam so I needed all the room I could get. I use Fastway foot pegs in the low boy position, raised the seat 2 inches, Rox Risers, and Renthal RC High (not the CR bend, the RC was a bit higher). I didn't have to change the cables, but I did have to flip the throttle housing so the cables are on the bottom. It is as tight as I feel comfortable with, but their is no binding at all and there is still just a tiny bit of slack.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Asheville Thumper:

I thought the Fastway foot pegs could not be used in the low boy position on the WR's? Did the Lowboy kit allow your F3's to be mounted in the low position out of the box or did you have to monkey with them including the Low Boy kit?

They appear to help take care of the tight seat to peg height of the X for longer leg folks!

I have the 2" anti-vib ROX risers awaiting the X's imminent arrival and am only looking for some aero yet protective hand guards (I really like some of the simple plastic Acerbis Aero units), seat solution (Renazco but James is 4-months out and I have to give it back long before that date so I am now considering an AirHawk) and odometer fix (12-OClock Labs) once I have my final gearing configuration locked down.

You have given me some really good ideas and I cannot thank you enough for it!

Thanks in advance

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:27 pm

xcel wrote:
Hi Asheville Thumper:

I thought the Fastway foot pegs could not be used in the low boy position on the WR's? Did the Lowboy kit allow your F3's to be mounted in the low position out of the box or did you have to monkey with them including the Low Boy kit?

No modifications were necessary for the Fastways. I will say that the Fastways in the low boy position would have been even better if they were about .5" lower, but you take the additional peg to seat distance wherever you can get it. I love the huge platform now for standing. When you wear a size 14 that makes a lot of difference. I liked them so much, I put a set on my V Strom.
Back to top Go down
chouser

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Where did you get that rack?
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 am

chouser wrote:
Where did you get that rack?

It's the Pro Moto Billet rack. I bought it used off Thumper Talk, but you can buy it new here: http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24_81/products_id/474

It works great with the Wolfman Peak Tail bag.
Back to top Go down
chouser

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks - I just ordered a seat identical to yours. I think it looks really good. Do you know if you can get leather instead of suede? Someone said suede takes a long time to dry if it gets wet.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

chouser wrote:
Thanks - I just ordered a seat identical to yours. I think it looks really good. Do you know if you can get leather instead of suede? Someone said suede takes a long time to dry if it gets wet.

I'm not sure if they have leather, but they have vinyl. Seems to be a popular option if you are in a rainy area of the country or your bike lives outside in the elements. I really like the suede. I would definitely get it again on any future seats.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 am

chouser wrote:

I've got a vinyl seat. Had a chance to try it out on a 2300 mile trip. Comfy, and could do 100 miles betwen stops. I live in a rainy climate so vinyl it is.

Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:38 pm

I just got my renazco seat a few weeks ago and love it. Mine was built special with 1/2 in of special impact absorbing foam material, as I have a lightly herniated disc in my back.

I absolutely love the seat. My only complaint is somehow they screwed up and did the seat all in black, instead of black with blue sides :(

But you wont pry that seat off of my comfy butt, no way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Renazco Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renazco Seat   Renazco Seat Empty

Back to top Go down

Renazco Seat
Page 1 of 1