Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I overtightened the rear axle.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lowfatbaconwrap

I overtightened the rear axle. Empty
PostSubject: I overtightened the rear axle.   I overtightened the rear axle. EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 8:42 pm

So I overtightened the rear and I mushed the threads together. I learned my lesson on torque specs on this. It rounded my axle block.

It took me a few hours of swearing to get it off.

I finally got it off and I called a few dealerships and they have an axle local to me. Just no nut. Would you use a hardware store nut in the mean time until partzilla got mine to me?

Its the difference of riding this weekend and not. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/42/32/04/screen10.jpg
Back to top Go down
johnkol

I overtightened the rear axle. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I overtightened the rear axle.   I overtightened the rear axle. EmptyMon May 02, 2022 2:49 pm

If you can find a locknut of that size at a hardware store, then I wouldn't hesitate riding that bike, but I doubt that any hardware store stocks items like these.

BTW, that locknut is readily available from both ServiceHonda and Rocky Mountain.
Back to top Go down

I overtightened the rear axle.
Page 1 of 1