Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.

Go down 
+32
Old Rider
motokid
rsteiger
michiko
Caldsy
wjfawb0
Thethirteenthone
emdavis197
RRM707
mollycbr123
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
Chrispy1200
deerHater
Carbomb
glorp
Corndogs
J.f
Arkmage
jkstehn
wanderingspirit
rmax
jaherbst
WRXR
donutbiker
Neonguy95
john92
1moreroad
bikepsych
zacharias
superbee24
vwsandman
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
donutbiker

Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:03 am

Hey ivan ,

Just got the long awaited Blue Case saver and sprocket guard from the postie in Singapore on Valentines Day.

Looks like my jap babe yami is getting a nice gift for Valentine's Day...hahahaha....

Can u advise if I shd put a drop of 243 loctite on the threads during installation?

Thks again!

Leong.

Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Glad to hear it made it there ok! You can add a small amount of locktight if you wish (243 should be fine), but the OEM parts do not use any thread lock that I am aware of. Keep in mind that the 6mm thread in the engine can be very soft and easy to strip out. I would not use any and check often.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: New wrinkle black finish available   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:33 pm

We now have a Black wrinkle finish for the Freedom Guard. In the picture below, the normal Matte black is on the left and the new Wrinkle black is on the right.

Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 Textured

Just select your choice from the pull down menus on our order page. thanks!

Ivan
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: WOW, over 300 sold! Thanks to All!   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 am

Just a quick post to thank all of you who have purchased a Freedom Case saver kit or case saver from me. I recently just sold the 300th and 301st set of these.

When I started making these I had no idea that I would sell this many and that there would be so many positive things to come from the production of these.

Every one that is ordered is pretty much made to your order out in my garage in my spare time. I have always tried to use the best possible materials and methods to produce these and make sure that your hard earned money is well spent and that you feel that you are getting a quality product. I would love to branch out more and make these for other bikes and make other products available, but life only has so much free time, never mind the Cafe Racer I want to build! (any one got a wrecked WR250 they want to donate?)

Any way, BIG Thanks to all, and I look forward to serving new customers in the future! freaky cheers

Ivan Sandoval
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Hey you have an update on the rack?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Rack   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:58 pm

No longer selling the racks, sorry.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 am

vwsandman wrote:
No longer selling the racks, sorry.

Where can I get the Roc-Stomper Pegs? Called there dealer locator in US in New Jersey. No longer in business. Emailed them in OZ and no reply????????
m
Thanks, Jack
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: It could happen to you.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Get the case saver. It's rare but it happened to me. The end result was a crack in the case that was fixed with JB Weld. No case saver would have resulted in a great big hole.

See report:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6434-cracked-case
Back to top Go down
wanderingspirit

PostSubject: just ordered - nice stuff   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Just ordered the case saver and the guard. Nice to be able to buy such good, custom, stuff from a real person. Thanks
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

PostSubject: Got the case saver and cover   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks- Nice piece of gear. The fit is perfect. Like the blue. Now if the plates would just get here so I can ride it. - Jon
Back to top Go down
wanderingspirit

PostSubject: WOW!    Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:39 am

Ivan, I just received my case saver and cover. WOW! What beautiful work. Nice present. Just the simple but often overlooked elements like rounding and buffing the edges make these parts a joy to look at and to hold. OK, my shiny-metal fetish is showing. But anyone considering these should realize the difference between cutting parts out of metal and making and finishing precision metal objects that look as good as they function. And the 'surprise' in the box is a great touch.

This stuff makes my nice flatlands skid plate and rad guard (which I like, btw) look and feel like they were made with stone age tools.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Don't suppose your powder coater would tell us what brand/color of blue that is? I'm thinking about doing the side covers on my engine but they'll clash like hell with the case saver.

If not I can buy a bare one from you and coat it myself, but that sure is a nice blue.
Back to top Go down
J.f

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 am

Recieved my bits in the UK last week, super fast service, and looks fantastic. Fit was perfect. Can't recommend enough
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:24 am

Arkmage wrote:
Don't suppose your powder coater would tell us what brand/color of blue that is? I'm thinking about doing the side covers on my engine but they'll clash like hell with the case saver.

If not I can buy a bare one from you and coat it myself, but that sure is a nice blue.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

The Blue is from powder by the pound.com and is the anodized look blue. I will warn you though, it is a pain in the ass to use! I know, I am the powdercoater! Results WILL vary, EVERY time you use it....good luck getting parts to match as well. That is why I have pretty much stopped selling that color and have switched to actually anodizing the guards Blue instead. This has also unleashed it's own set of demons...but I can live with the fact they now take three times longer to produce than before. (allot of time on the buffing wheel making them look like chrome before the actually anodizing procedure)

Thanks again for the support!

Ivan
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: Sm   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:53 am

Received my parts two weeks ago, fast shipment, great quality. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey Ivan, just received the new anodized parts and it look's great........good job. Fast delivery and and little extra for us Canadians......thanks for the "gift".

Richard thumb
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 pm

tridor wrote:
Hey Ivan, just received the new anodized parts and it look's great........good job. Fast delivery and and little extra for us Canadians......thanks for the "gift".

Richard thumb

You are very welcome! thumb
Back to top Go down
glorp

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:07 am

little late in posting, got my sprocket cover installed, made and looks great. only problem i had was with the two coloured plastic wrapped blobs of locktite you supplied. i could not get any on the threads....it must have been old stock
Thanks for the great service and product!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm a little late in posting as well. Got my new cover and case saver installed.

Fit is stellar and after seeing them first hand I feel much better about the price (I'm a cheap bastard). Good quality kit that will outlive my bike and possibly me.
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 am

Any plans on a disc guard for us X owners?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 am

Carbomb wrote:
Probably all the X owners who have off-road R wheels (with X hubs & brakes) would be very interested in a disc guard! thumb
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 pm

deerHater wrote:
Carbomb wrote:
Probably all the X owners who have off-road R wheels (with X hubs & brakes) would be very interested in a disc guard! thumb

Keep it light as possible and I might be interested in one.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: New Color, Blue Oval Wrinkle Powder Coat.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:28 pm

New color, Blue Oval Wrinkle Powder Coat.

Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 IMG_01721

No plans to make any other products, sorry! I barely have time to make these parts as it is.

Thanks for all the support!

Back to top Go down
raymondhenson

PostSubject: Got the guard   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for the delayed report ... just got back from the trip.

Got the guard you sent (as well as the hardware).  Installed that same evening and left the next day for the trip.  Looks good!  Thanks for the great and speedy service!

Raymond
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: No more anodized parts.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 am

After much thought on the subject, I have decided to no longer offer the anodized aluminum Freedom Guards. The work involved to do these right was killing all of my free time and causing a ton of stress. So, back to the basics, powder coated parts. Same quality as before, with better delivery times and less stress for all. Thanks again for all of the support!

Safe journeys,
Ivan Sandoval

Last edited by vwsandman on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.   Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandman Parts WR250R/X parts for sale.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next