Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I found this Yamaha on Craigslist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zone48

I found this Yamaha on Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: I found this Yamaha on Craigslist   I found this Yamaha on Craigslist EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 pm

I was actually hunting for a pit bike or a WRR but found this instead>

I found this Yamaha on Craigslist Img_2011
I found this Yamaha on Craigslist Img_2010

So close enough.
It's a 2004 YZF-R6 and the ad said 1,700 miles.  Well, you know Craigslist and I'm thinking it was more like 17,000 miles, typo ya know  Rolling Eyes

Anyway I get there and it's gleaming in the driveway and I'm thinking right away, it's sold buddy!  He was asking $5K for it BTW.  ... and it did actually only have 1,700 miles.  It was a girlfriend thing where she didn't like him riding... too dangerous.

So he couldn't get the bike started. The starter switch wasn't working but all the lights worked.  dunno   He tried and tried.  Finally I thought maybe we could bump start it.  So just as soon as I put the kickstand up, the starter worked and I got it started.  I took it on a test drive and it steered like a MAC TRUCK!   I couldn't believe how stiff it was. Well, he never checked the air in the tires and the front only had 7# in it. So we took care of that and took it on a test ride.  The engine seemed to stumble and mis fire under a light load, but it took off like a rocket full throttle.  I figured the gas was old as the hills.  The other thing is the bike fell over and there is a small crack in the fairing (which I know how to fix).

So, because the bike didn't seem to want to start and then ran crappy and had the 2004 tires still on it, I offered him $3K and he seemed happy to get rid of it.
Got it home and it wouldn't start again.... then after messing around with it, it started.  I think the TPS is gummed up and needs cleaned and recalibrated.

Anyway, it's a cool bike and holy smokes it will be 20 years old next year.  This is another bike that Yamaha quit making due to emissions.

BTW I bought a 02 R6 back in 02 and kept it until 2016, so I know how much fun they are and how hard you can run them.    It's hard to argue with a 15,500 rpm redline!  wink

The original 02 >

I found this Yamaha on Craigslist _dsc0311
I found this Yamaha on Craigslist _dsc0410
Back to top Go down

I found this Yamaha on Craigslist
Page 1 of 1