Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpeedRider

Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required Empty
PostSubject: Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required   Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm

I bought a used Safari tank and subsequently discovered it did not come with the fuel pick up lines.  I've tried contacting Safari tanks in Australia and Gas Tanks Only about ordering replacement fuel pick up lines but have yet to receive a reply.  In the mean time I'm wondering if anyone can provide photos showing where and how the fuel pick up lines attach to the fuel pump that is attached inside the tank or advice regarding this.  I'd also be interested in learning where the two hoses attached to the fuel pump go.  One is very short (bottom right of fuel pump in photo) and appears as it is supposed to pick up fuel near the fuel pump and the other hose is longer (top left of fuel pump in photo) and seems to be just hanging loose.  Thanks.

Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required Safari11
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required   Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 2:39 pm

Not familiar with the Safari tank, but I can tell you how the secondary pump in the IMS 5 gal tank works, which should be similar to any other secondary pump: there are three hose connections, one connects to the vacuum line of the bike (through the tank), one is the inlet that brings fuel from the tank wings (bottom right corner in your picture), and the third is the outlet that deposits the fuel to the main pump assembly (upper left in your picture).

The IMS tank uses a Mikuni DF-44 pump, it's likely that the Safari uses the same one.
Back to top Go down

Safari Tank Information/Assistance Required
Page 1 of 1