Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ventura County California WR250R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bikepsych

Ventura County California WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 am

Greetings. I trust everyone is having a wonderful winter. I'm a newbie and just got my 2008 WR250R. What a marvelous little bike. It is such a joy to ride it takes me back 30 years to when I had a Yamaha CT175. The Freedom I felt in knowing I could go just about anywhere with the bike and yet this one is SOOOOOO much more refined, and reliable. Siggghhhh. Wish they made spouses like they do this bike. Ventura County California WR250R 986936

No pics yet, its currently in the garage awaiting the install of the PowerCommander V. Just did the airbox mod and the AIS removal.

I am interested in readers experience with the Corbin seat. That's the weak link in the bike at this point.

BG
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Welcome, HI!

*I think the PNW is already into spring, at least you would think with the warm temps and all the rain, lol
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Bikepsych: Search the "Sweet Mods" section. There is discussion there.

I have a Corbin DS seat on my KTM SMC and swear by it. I'm saving for the same on the WRR.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 am

Excellent. Thanks for the insight. Will prob make that the next mod.

Regards,

BG
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 am

I would add though...

1) The Asphalt Vinyl cover is very sticky. You will not slide around on it at all. I got the Carbon vinyl and it allows for some reasonable compromise; and

2) The sides of the seat are lower so your knee grip surface area is reduced. I don't notice it on the KTM since I usually remain planted in the seat. ... but I don't think I would prefer that condition on my off-road bike. It's all a compromise.

The WR seat feels like a goose down pillow compared to the KTM seat.

- Robert
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Welcome.
I'm in Santa Clarita and I just got my first dual sport. Love it. Great little bike.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 am

Johnny-Nitro,
Glad to hear you got a dual-sport. It opens up so many new ways to see this great country of ours. You'll find things so many people never get a chance to see. Let me know if you need some ideas on where to go.

BG
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:48 am

J-N,

What kind of DS is it ?

- Robert
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 pm

X-Racer: It's the 2008 WR250R. I got used for $4000 and only 1000 on the speedo.

bikepsych: Sure. If you have any ideas, I'd like to hear about them. I ride sometimes with the Castaic group. I've been to Tehachapi, Santa Barbara, Rowher Flats, Gorman and Dove Springs so far. Oh, and Jawbone too.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:14 pm

Excellent... Good deal too. ...and it sounds like you've got another 1000 miles on it by now !

C'mon out to Cal City sometime. Pretty good (and somewhat different than your references) riding out there too.

Should be REALLY good almost everywhere with all this rain ! We're considering this W/E.

Here is a link with a lot of information in the area.

http://www.jawbone.org/foj/index.php

Cheers...

- Robert
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:12 pm

There's a ride this weekend out at Ballinger. Check out this link.
http://www.castaicdualsportriders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=824
Looks like a fun ride. Anyone local should join us. That way I won't be the only WRR on the trial with these guys.

CHEERS Ventura County California WR250R 61865
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Ballinger Ride update:
Great day! Beautiful weather. First time I ever made it out to Ballinger. Loved it.
Long drive but great terrain.

Heading to Gorman with a group of guys in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Ventura County Adventure Riders   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Went up above Santa Barbara on Saturday with VCARs. Only two of us but had a great time. The Trail WIng tires really worked well. Traction was virtually not a problem on the dirt roads and muddy single tracks. Even the rocks added traction. We went back up north and went to Santa Ynez. My fuel light went on at 67 miles and I was sweating bullets as it got up to 28 miles on the "F" odometer. Made it though and gave the BMW 650 PD a run for the money with the WR. Even on the Freeway.
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Sounds like you had a good time.
Maybe we'll hook up one one of these rides coming up.
Most of the ride information I get is from friends and this site http://www.castaicdualsportriders.com
It's mostly guys from our neck of the woods.

Ventura County California WR250R 61865
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Heading out again this Saturday from BMW of Ventura County. If someone else is also riding their WR250R, then I'll take mine. Otherwise its the Vstrom.

BG
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Possible Hungry Valley (single track) on Saturday and Rowher Flats on Sunday.
I only ride the WR.
Check here for more info on these local rides.
http://www.castaicdualsportriders.com/phpBB3/index.php
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:04 pm

The more riders, the better! Ventura County California WR250R 61865 You guys should set up a meet in the ride section.

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm

SheWolf, I'm heading up to Tejada Island this summer. Going up via the coast and back down via inland. Perhaps via Whistler. How is that road?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 pm

That's a wonderful scenic route, most definitely! Bring a few cards for the cam, no doubt there will be many pics to be taken as well. The highway up to Whistler's been revamped a bit because of the Olympigs, it's a great ride up on a bike.

PostSubject: Re: Ventura County California WR250R   Ventura County California WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Ventura County California WR250R
Page 1 of 1