Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!

Go down 
+2
mwakey
badmotoscooter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:34 pm

My new R2 is arriving tomorrow and I'm so (insert choice of modifier here) excited! boogn1sh has got the day off so he's gonna help me break it in properly. i hope to document the occasion properly with pics so hopefully more later. wings
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Welcome to the group. You're gonna love it.

ENJOY! bannana
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Welcome Sammy! thumb
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 pm

gotta pay homage to the 'red rocker';-)
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 pm

badmotoscooter wrote:
gotta pay homage to the 'red rocker';-)
That's right! My kind of music. beavis
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Welcome to the pack! thumb You're gonna love this little screamer...looking forward to the de-flowering of your new scoot. Very happy

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 am

Now its Tuesday. I'm still awake and badmotorscooter will be up and on-air in a few hours! Hopefully I'll be awake by the time he gets off. Sleep

Maybe I should just stay up, i can probably find something to do for a few hours wink
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 6:02 am

Hey badmotorscooter,

It's good to see another rider from Fayetteville on a R2. When I get back I hope to be one more. Did you buy yours from Big Boar like boogn1sh?

Keep up the good work on KUAF. My favorite station.

-JD
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 am

Chad, the owner of Big Boar is the man!

http://bigboarpowersports.com deal
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:06 pm

yup, boogn1sh talked them up a lot and with my past experiences with the 'other' known shop...it was a no-brainer to go with Big Boar. probably saved AT LEAST $500 by going a little out of town...but not as far out of town as boogn1sh went. i think he was just really bored that weekend;)

called 'em just a bit ago and the bike is 'en route' from the Texas store....am chomping at the bit.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

thumb

Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! PeteR2001

Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! PeteR2002
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am

There's one happy boy! thumb

badmotoscooter

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 3:51 pm

just put about ten miles on the R2 and THIS IS NOT A SCOOTER thumb i'm most suprised by the quick snap (for me) of the first turn of the throttle but from there through acceleration it's really smooth. of course, i'm basically a 'first time rider' so that has more to do with it than the machine does. but what a blast!!!

i'd like to get some opinions on the way i'm breaking it in. i live on a hill (we actually call it Sequoyah Mountian but it's our mountain, damnit) but at the top there's an area that's basically a mile-plus long oval. i've been running through 3rd then decelerating and every once in a while getting it into fourth and decelerating. how's that sound...and am i spelling decelerating correctly droooool
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:49 pm

badmotoscooter wrote:
just put about ten miles on the R2 and THIS IS NOT A SCOOTER thumb i'm most suprised by the quick snap (for me) of the first turn of the throttle but from there through acceleration it's really smooth. of course, i'm basically a 'first time rider' so that has more to do with it than the machine does. but what a blast!!!

i'd like to get some opinions on the way i'm breaking it in. i live on a hill (we actually call it Sequoyah Mountian but it's our mountain, damnit) but at the top there's an area that's basically a mile-plus long oval. i've been running through 3rd then decelerating and every once in a while getting it into fourth and decelerating. how's that sound...and am i spelling decelerating correctly droooool

Congratulations!!! I'm happy to hear you've got your new baby and are enjoying it. My house is on the Mount too (sure seems like a mountain when I run up the SOB!) so once I get back it'll be easy to swing past and go riding!

-JD
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Accelerating and decelerating, go through the gears. Ride it like you would want to. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!   Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sold the Vino today - R2 tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1