Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Charcoal Canister Removal?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CurtisC

Charcoal Canister Removal? Empty
PostSubject: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Does anyone here have some detail directions for removing the canister and do I have to use a new Gas cap from Wheeling so I don't get vapor lock if I remove it?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 pm

You can remove the canister and hoses, but you will need to cap off the fitting on the fuel tank and get a vented gas cap. You can get the one from Wheeling or just order a 49 state cap. The rest of us have vented caps. The California cap is non-vented. If you want the stock look and the ability to lock the cap, you will have to get the 49 state cap. The Zeta cap from Wheeling is nice looking but the cell phone antenna is just stupid looking IMO.

The 49 state cap part number is 3D7-24602-00-00
California cap number is 3D7-24602-10-00

The other hose from the canister goes to the throttle body. You will need to cap that off so you don't have any vacuum leaks.
Back to top Go down
CurtisC

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 pm

I ordered the gas cap from wheeling however they say that you need to use the guts from the old gas cap. Does that mean that it won't vent? I don't know. How would you test it to make sure it vents so you don't get vapor lock?
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 pm

I left the stock vent hose in place (the one that used to connect to the can).......I just tucked it behind the skid plate.....
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:04 pm

CurtisC wrote:
I ordered the gas cap from wheeling however they say that you need to use the guts from the old gas cap. Does that mean that it won't vent? I don't know. How would you test it to make sure it vents so you don't get vapor lock?

They are probably talking about the locking mechanism. The Zeta cap has a vent tube sticking out of the top so I'm sure it is vented. But then I have not seen one in person..... just my educated guess.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:42 am

Crawdaddy wrote:
I left the stock vent hose in place (the one that used to connect to the can).......I just tucked it behind the skid plate.....

Yeaup... Bingo, bango, bongo....
Back to top Go down
Thumpthing Old

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm

mwakey wrote:
CurtisC wrote:

They are probably talking about the locking mechanism. The Zeta cap has a vent tube sticking out of the top so I'm sure it is vented. But then I have not seen one in person..... just my educated guess.

I've got a Zeta cap. Yes, it is vented through the the little "antenna" hose. It uses some parts out of the stock cap (takes 5 minutes) and is a very nice looking piece. No more locking feature, but it looks so much better than the stocker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Canister Removal?   Charcoal Canister Removal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Charcoal Canister Removal?
Page 1 of 1