Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Beardo checking in.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Beardo checking in..... Empty
PostSubject: Beardo checking in.....   Beardo checking in..... EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:16 pm

From Pittsburgh. Just bought a barely used (least I think so) 08 WR250R from a local dealer for $3300. Basically stock except for barkbusters. I work (now only part time) at a local Honda dealer, and was new to dirt just last year, after having riding on the street for 12 years. I had bought a CRF230L to kinda cut my teeth a bit. Nice light and low bike. No power. and wasnt gonna drop a bunch of money in it only to get an extra hp or two, so sold it and bought an XR650L. Great power, but way too tall and heavy (from me and my inexperience off-road), so it was sold with the intent of getting a keeper. Either a KLX250S or DRZ400S. A buddy had both so I had something to compare them too. I liked the size of the KLX, had more power than the CRF230L and has a sixth gear. The DRZ has lots of power, but no sixth gear and I didnt like it nuch above 60 mph. Kinda scary. So I started looking and this WR popped up, did some research and took the plunge. It seems to fit in between the two.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Beardo checking in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beardo checking in.....   Beardo checking in..... EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Welcome HI!

*own Yamaha, work Honda. LOL
Back to top Go down

Beardo checking in.....
Page 1 of 1