Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chesa

PostSubject: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, sorry for my english

just that, i didn´t ride my wr250r for 6 mounth (now in spain is winter) and i tried to start it and i was 3 minutes trying to start and finally started opening a litle of gas.

its common , anyone has experienced something like this.

(my wr250r is 2008 model and all default)
Back to top Go down
mwakey

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Your fuel was getting stale and your battery was probably weak from sitting so long. A good battery is needed for proper ignition and spark on these bikes. Plus the battery runs the fuel pump, so it is really a major part of the whole thing. Next time you leave it sit that long run some fuel conditioner through the engine and leave the rest in the tank and leave it full. Put your battery on a battery tender charger so it stays in good shape while sitting. Put some fresh fuel in it and go for a nice long ride. It'll be fine after you run it and get that injector cleared out and battery charged up fully.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm

charge or replace your battery and you'll likely be fine. Fuel will probably be fine.
Back to top Go down
chesa

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:22 am

yes is true my battery was a litle weak, and the start engine was a litle slow, but finally started, tnx for the advice, next time i ´ll disconnect one cable of battery or just charge it with 12v charger.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:27 am

You don't quite understand:
Your WR-250R ain't your car or truck, and it won't take too kindly to just being parked for 6 months.
You're most likely not gonna' just walk up, put the key in, and ride away like you rode it just the day before.

And, yeah, what you've experienced is very common when the bike is just parked and that's it.

As suggested, you should put fuel stabilizer in the gas and ride the bike for a few kilometers so that treated fuel reaches the end of it's path.
The battery needs to be kept charged because it will run down 10 times faster than your car battery since it's 10 times smaller.
Keeping it hooked up to one of the automatic battery chargers is the best way to do this.

I'd also service the air filter after a long layover like that - you may be surprised at how rodents love to make a nest in the weirdest places.
The bike won't run too well with 5 pounds of fluffy house insulation and mattress stuffing jammed into the airbox.
Back to top Go down
chesa

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 am

ok i take note,

automatic battery charger, fuel stabilizer and clean airbox and airfilter.

i´ll do next time

(i saw a lot off cheap automatic FLOAT CHARGER on ebay)
Back to top Go down
JustWannaRide

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:59 pm

I went to Wal Mart and saw a Schumacher Battery Tender for about $20. I went home, read reviews and went back and bought one. I have been using it whenever I am not riding and have never had a problem. Comes with the adapter to install on the battery so it is an easy setup/use. Very similar to the Battery Tender brand but costs less. I think it has a two year warranty.

I don't where you might find it but again was less than the big name brand and has the 2 year warranty for $20.

Back to top Go down
mash100

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:57 am

Also, put your bike up on stands to prevent tyres getting flat spots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped   

Back to top Go down

wr250r doesn´t start 6 mounth stoped
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1