Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

606's really that much dif?

Go down 
+2
skierd
Oldschooler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldschooler

606's really that much dif? Empty
PostSubject: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Got a little over 1K on the stockers and the front gets more and more slippery and plow like in the deep sugar sand turns etc. Those of you running 606's feel a significant difference over the stockers off road? I'm asking because I can get those locally fairly cheep. It's some of the others that I would have to order so I was wondering how the 606's compare in the real world. You know, opinions of actual riders on the same bike as mine with the same tires I'm thinking about! :)

Thx in advance for any info.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:56 am

The front D606 was pretty good in any kind of terrain I rode it in. I never liked the "feel" of it, but I've been told it may have been an air pressure thing. I had 0 complaints about its traction. The stock front tire is just awful.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

I replaced my stock tires on my wrr with dunlop 606 at about 5400 miles.I only rode with them a few times before winter set in.Is it me or do the 606s make the bike feel like it has lost a few horse power? I think the wrr is underpowered as it is, now I feel like I have to put on an aftermarket pipe and power commander and new sprokets(13/45) just to get back to where I was with the stock tires.I was going to put those modifications off until my warranty is up. Has anyone else noticed their bike losing power after putting on 606s? also,does anyone feel a big difference on the street with 606s? I like them much better off road but only have a few miles on the road....any feed back would be great..
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:33 am

HUGE difference! I'm running 606's, and have 5000+ miles on them.
606's really that much dif? IMG_1071
I can't say that I noticed any power loss running them at all, grip is better than stock I found in all applications, especially offroad where the stockers totally sucked. I had the stockers on all of 2 rides, ripped them off and threw on the Dunnies and never looked back (and that was before the mods). I have heard some ppl didn't like them on wet pavement; I've ridden in wet pavement many times and they stuck better than the 802 Dumlops I had on my 600 sportbike! I can rail pretty good with them (ask Tibarus, he followed me thru some real twisty pieces of road) and they don't chunk off like a lot of other tires do off road. High speed running is very stable, I didn't get any wobble or nasty vibrations. The one thing that Dunlop should do is make that front tire non-directional. I flipped mine around and am running it that way until it wears out; you can run it that way without problems (at least I haven't had any). The main thing with the 606's is to have the tire pressure set for what you're riding in. Pavement I found having 18 -22 psi is a good area, off road, 18 and under...but toss in rim locks if you intend on running below 10psi or you'll spin the damn thing and wreck your tube. People have complained about it feeling snaky or unstable...they weren't running the right pressure in them to get that ride. Tire pressure is pretty much key with any tire you run with whatever surface you're tackling. Higher psi/pavement, lower psi/offroad. 606's really that much dif? 61865

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks SHEWOLF for the info,,I will pay more attention to my tire pressure..I bought the 606s after reading other peoples opinions on this forum.glad to hear you got 5k on the 606s.,,they still look pretty decent................after looking around this forum I think I found the answer to why I feel like I lost power,, I have to put on a bigger sprocket45/46/47t to compensate for the 606 tire being taller than the deathwings,,am i correct on this? what sprocket combo do you have..about how many miles should I expect out of my stock sprockets and chain?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Jay, I'm running a 12T up front and the stock 43 out back. Lots of power, actually I'm finding that I can utilize all of the gears a lot better. I found with the 13 it was a bit long legged for bush riding...switching to the 12 made a huge difference, and the with the gearing change plus the height of the 606, the speedo was pretty close to stock by ~1, which isn't much. I went with the 12 because one, it was cheaper than spending cash on both a rear sprocket AND a chain, and 2, I can switch back to the 13 if I feel like doing any long highway cruises, without having to switch out my chain. Even on the 12 I can still rip snort along on the highway and pass with lots to spare, just with the 13 in there for highway cruising your rpm's drop and you get a bit more up top. To this day, both sprockets are in great shape, and the chain is still pretty stiff. All you have to do is look after them when you do go offroad, and they'll last you a good long time. 606's really that much dif? 61865

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:38 am

SheWolf wrote:
Jay, I'm running a 12T up front and the stock 43 out back. Lots of power, actually I'm finding that I can utilize all of the gears a lot better. I found with the 13 it was a bit long legged for bush riding...switching to the 12 made a huge difference, and the with the gearing change plus the height of the 606, the speedo was pretty close to stock by ~1, which isn't much. I went with the 12 because one, it was cheaper than spending cash on both a rear sprocket AND a chain, and 2, I can switch back to the 13 if I feel like doing any long highway cruises, without having to switch out my chain. Even on the 12 I can still rip snort along on the highway and pass with lots to spare, just with the 13 in there for highway cruising your rpm's drop and you get a bit more up top. To this day, both sprockets are in great shape, and the chain is still pretty stiff. All you have to do is look after them when you do go offroad, and they'll last you a good long time. 606's really that much dif? 61865
OK, SHEWOLF.you've convinced me to go with the 12t front sprocket. could you tell me where you bought yours..thanks for the help..
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:04 am

I got mine from the bike shop here where I live. It's a JT, part # JTF1590-12. It also fits a YZ & WR 250F. 606's really that much dif? 61865

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 am

The 606 front is directional?!?... 606's really that much dif? Icon_scratch lol...will have to take a look at that one. At least its easy to mount.
606's really that much dif? 490865
I rode all of last year on the stock trailwings. Very hairy off road in certain conditions and had to really concentrate on what I was doing. Not confidence inspiring at all, but they will get you there - I guess a good compromise for 50-50 riding. If you are not an aggresive rider off-road you probably would be happy with them.

Tried the 606's out only once (so far this year) and thought I was riding a motocrosser.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 am

Yes, it is directional. If you look at the knobs they all kind of point one way. The sidewall does have the direction arrow on it too for rotation.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm

SheWolf wrote:
HUGE difference! I'm running 606's, and have 5000+ miles on them.
606's really that much dif? IMG_1071
I can't say that I noticed any power loss running them at all, grip is better than stock I found in all applications, especially offroad where the stockers totally sucked. I had the stockers on all of 2 rides, ripped them off and threw on the Dunnies and never looked back (and that was before the mods). I have heard some ppl didn't like them on wet pavement; I've ridden in wet pavement many times and they stuck better than the 802 Dumlops I had on my 600 sportbike! I can rail pretty good with them (ask Tibarus, he followed me thru some real twisty pieces of road) and they don't chunk off like a lot of other tires do off road. High speed running is very stable, I didn't get any wobble or nasty vibrations. The one thing that Dunlop should do is make that front tire non-directional. I flipped mine around and am running it that way until it wears out; you can run it that way without problems (at least I haven't had any). The main thing with the 606's is to have the tire pressure set for what you're riding in. Pavement I found having 18 -22 psi is a good area, off road, 18 and under...but toss in rim locks if you intend on running below 10psi or you'll spin the damn thing and wreck your tube. People have complained about it feeling snaky or unstable...they weren't running the right pressure in them to get that ride. Tire pressure is pretty much key with any tire you run with whatever surface you're tackling. Higher psi/pavement, lower psi/offroad. 606's really that much dif? 61865

Keeping pace with an 1100cc sport bike is impressive all in it's self. 606's really that much dif? 204616
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah that was kinda fun. That whole day was 'interesting.' 606's really that much dif? 93746

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Yeah that was kinda fun. That whole day was 'interesting.' 606's really that much dif? 93746

Yeah next time I'm not stopping XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 606's really that much dif?   606's really that much dif? Empty

Back to top Go down

606's really that much dif?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Tires-
Jump to: