Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Tire Thread

Go down 
+45
Fly man
oldschoolsdime92
JLink
Rusty Shovel
Biglake
LordEndo
R2-DTOUR
Horsman
Knuck
Marioscario
mordicai
chkMINUS
soggytire
competition
gatorfan
cryptomundo
rmax
taoshum
inspector
Ozy
Machtig
PYG RYDR
Mr.Metal
duanew
greer
Krabill
malibu_dan
BluePill
clapped_r6
dont437
Matty
Buzzbomber
granite4brains
LacRouge
skierd
rodney
eyty
BPG
aaronhall555
BigBird
SpiritWolf15
Chrispy1200
jason meacham
YZEtc
SheWolf
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
oldschoolsdime92

The Tire Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm

anyone running a pure off-road mx based tire? My bike will never see the street with the 18/21 combo. I've been looking at the AT81s and the mx31s. I currently have mx31s, but they are old and dried out.
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:03 pm

mordicai wrote:
I just recieved yesterday a 140 Heidenau Scout. Looks fabulous and I've read great things about it.

Hi. Any update you can share on how this tire is working out? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:32 am

oldschoolsdime92 wrote:
anyone running a pure off-road mx based tire? My bike will never see the street with the 18/21 combo. I've been looking at the AT81s and the mx31s. I currently have mx31s, but they are old and dried out.

I run tires that happen to be dot.

I like the kenda washaugal front and the motoz tractionator st and it (they're dot) or pirelli mt16 rears, the kenda trackmaster rears ok too and dot.

Off road tires need to suit your terrain, find out what others run in your area. The ones im running are used by lots of guys I ride/race with around here because they work good, we have a combo of mud, roots, rocks and sometimes sand.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Biglake wrote:
Just an fyi incase it matters the xcms rear is NOT DOT like the matching front is, all pirelli front tires are DOT but only some rears are.

Im curruntly running a 110/100 mt16 rear its huge and not DOT but does it ever hook up in the nasty stuff:thumb: , I have 13-50 gearing, I liked it with a tiny rear tire (100/100 tm2) but it feels tall offroad with the big mt16.

I run XCMH tires. The front is DOT and the rear 110/100-18 is DOT as well.
Back to top Go down
chottinger83

PostSubject: Dual Set-up   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm sure somebody has tried this, so I'll ask. I'm thinking a serious dirt tire in the back, probably D606, and a serious street tire, Distanzia or Shinko 707 or something. I ride down highways to and from school most the time and I ride in gravel/rough rocks every two weekends or so, whenever I get a chance. I don't want to constantly alternate between tires, and the TWs just aren't doing it for me anymore. It's either this set-up, or the TKC80s. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Get some IRC TR8 tires, 1/2 way between a 606 and a tkc80 and much cheaper than either. thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 2:20 am

I've run the TR8's here spring to fall, and they're a big improvement over the trailwings. Make sure you air them down for the dirt or they like to skate on the surface. Not a bad tire for the street at all. They feel comfortable leaning way over, but they like pavement grooves. Air them up for the pavement and down for the dirt, and they're a pretty good compromise tire in my opinion. NOT a desert tire though, they don't like loose dirt/sand/dust on top of the desert hardpack.

My Kenda Parker Desert Terrain tires just showed up today. Merry Christmas to me! I'll spoon them on next week and hope for a clear day to make a test run in the cold.

Back to top Go down
smurph

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 2:30 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well, the Mitas C16/17 Stoneaters have come off my trusty ride, and have been replaced with these:
The Tire Thread - Page 8 Cimg0018

Bring in the Pirelli Scorpion Pro's, apparently the most aggressive DOT knobby on the market.  These things are pretty aggressive, I agree.   The compound is hard, so I'm hoping to get a good return from these.
Offroad...all I'm gonna say is it's the next best thing to an orgasm. Very happy

Hey Shewolf - i've been following your tire reviews for some time now. How is this latest set holding up for you? Rating?

Thanks!

Smurph

Last edited by smurph on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shortening msg)
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

smurph wrote:

Hey Shewolf - i've been following your tire reviews for some time now. How is this latest set holding up for you? Rating?

Thanks!

Smurph

FYI - A quick look at her profile shows that Shewolf hasn't logged into this forum since November 2013.
Back to top Go down
smurph

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Well perhaps i'll be the one to drag her out of the forest to her keyboard! :)

Thanks for the info though. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tire Thread   The Tire Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tire Thread
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8