Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride..

Go down 
+4
Mr. Fisherman
SheWolf
Six8
rydnseek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. Empty
PostSubject: 2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride..   2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 pm

2/15/10 Jerome to Laughlin

Kim, Tom & i met in Jerome at 9am Monday morning. The destination was Laughlin, Nv. We took the perkinsville road & followed it out fr 318a to Chino Valley.

Leaving Jerome, by the fire house.

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin003e

There were a few patches of snow, & it was pretty chilly.. we were at over 5000' in elevation. The San Francisco Peaks in the distance..

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin005e

This was only the beginning of the wildlife we were to encounter.. they were brazen & unafraid. We could only conclude that Tom's calming presence soothed the savage beasts.

Here we are in the wide open spaces before Chino Valley. Tom & I were on wr250's, Kim on a klx 250.

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin012e

Here you can see the antelope running from me as i went by.. of course they came back to the fence to see Tom.

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin014e

After Chino Valley, we were heading down toward camp wood.. we'd be nearing 6k' in elevation & weren't sure how clear the roads would be, or if the previous weeks' storms might have damaged them. But we were heading to Bagdad & would find out soon enough!

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin019e

2 wr's battle a klx in a rugged cross country enduro ride.. 1002jerome2laughlin022e

Here's a clip along the camp wood road..