Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch

Go down 
+4
Chrispy1200
YZEtc
SheWolf
Machtig
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch Empty
PostSubject: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 pm

So today the big brown truck delivered my new Revloc Dyna-Ring automatic clutch. This is a brand new design, as you merely replace two clutch discs and two steel plates. The beauty of this system is the ability to adjust engagement from the clutch adjuster on the clutch lever. Clutch feel is unchanged and you can even adjust it so it functions like a regular clutch, for bump starting or other reasons. As soon as my suspension returns from Go-Race I will give a thorough review. You can check out Revloc's website for a pretty good video and for more info.

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04038

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04036

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04039

Revloc disengaged position
Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04040

Revloc engaged position (via centrifugal force)
Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04041

extra springs to more finely adjust engagement (not usually necessary)
Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04042

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04043

I thought this plastic gear was interesting. I think it is for the speedometer or something.
Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04037
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh wow...I'll definitely be keeping up on this thread! Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch 61865

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:33 am

The gear probably drives the oil pump via an idler gear in between. :)
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm

YZEtc wrote:

I hope not! The other two gears it meshes with are plastic as well.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Sounds more like it all the time. :)
Wouldn't be the only bike with plasticy gears doing the oil pump.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Machtig wrote:
YZEtc wrote:

I hope not! The other two gears it meshes with are plastic as well.

That's what it is. I was going to post a pic from the manual but it doesn't show it very well. Nothing wrong with plastic gears. Quiet, lightweight and last a long time in the right application.
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Any news on this? I am very interested in hearing if this is a good perceived value. Does it work as well in person as in the video?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 pm

I've heard great reviews from a few guys who run it in WR250F's and a couple of CR's as well. They love it in the tight stuff as they don't have to constantly be trying to wrangle gears and choking the chicken on a switchback. Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch 61865

simmons1

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch 163123
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:15 am

How about and update????

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 am

*pokes Brian* Hey...c'mon, you've been riding that thing already so what's happening? Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch 810411

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Ok, Ok. Let me just state the facts. The WR250R as compared to a WR250F, which has the same size (diameter) clutch basket, is down one friction disc. ie the WR250F has 8 friction discs, whereas the WR250R only has 7. The dynaring effectively removes one friction disc. My bike didn't like this. I'm going to leave it at that as the boys at Revloc are working on a solution for the WR250R.

However, I still wanted a Revloc, and I've always had good luck with the original Revloc, so they made me one. Long story short, I have been informed that they are in full production of the original Revloc for the WR250R. It is no longer a one-off custom job to have one made for this bike. Per their website, it looks like its about $200 more than the dynaring, but in my experience, the original Revloc is bulletproof, and proven. It works. Once adjusted, you're done. Just hop on it and ride. I took some really crappy photos. It basically shows what it comes with: a new machined and anodised clutch basket, and the Revloc pressure plate. Very simple, and easy to install, provided you are somewhat mechanically inclined and have the proper tools (ie torque wrench, clutch basket holder, 27mm socket, etc). Please note in the second photo, nothing is broken, that center bolt is the end of the clutch pushrod and is just sitting in there loose (since its not installed on the bike yet).

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04100

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch DSC04099
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 pm

So will this work with the clutch as well, or how will that apply? Say for clutching in to pop that front wheel when you need to shoot over a fallen log across the trail?

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:09 pm

i ordered this unit yesteday after talking with the guy at Revloc. There is the ability to override the unit with the clutch lever BUT to paraphrase our discussion - the clutch lever feel is far from normal and changes with RPM such that you can't even override at high RPM.

SO for practical purposes this is not the ideal system IF you like to use the clutch for lifting the front end, etc.

OTOH I learned that the Left Hand Rear Brake option does NOT disable the foot brake. Rather, it just adds another (generally more precise) way to activate the rear brake without using your foot. SO I went for that at I think it will be a big help on snotty rooty down hills etc.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:09 pm

BigBird wrote:
i ordered this unit yesteday after talking with the guy at Revloc. There is the ability to override the unit with the clutch lever BUT to paraphrase our discussion - the clutch lever feel is far from normal and changes with RPM such that you can't even override at high RPM.

SO for practical purposes this is not the ideal system IF you like to use the clutch for lifting the front end, etc.

OTOH I learned that the Left Hand Rear Brake option does NOT disable the foot brake. Rather, it just adds another (generally more precise) way to activate the rear brake without using your foot. SO I went for that at I think it will be a big help on snotty rooty down hills etc.

Big bird. PM me if you have any issues getting it installed. I had the rear/front brake on my 450F at one time. It takes some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
mark1976

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I have been trying to find out more about the dyna ring from Revloc. Their website has no applicaton information that I can find, and they haven't returned my email or phone calls. This sounds like a great product, but they aren't making things easy.

We'll keep trying............
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 pm

The Dyna Ring version is NOT available pending fixing some problems as described above.

The regular Revloc is available.
Back to top Go down
mark1976

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks for the info. Once it is sorted it sounds like it will be a really slick product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch   Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch Empty

Back to top Go down

Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch
Page 1 of 1