Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Watch out in Wisco

Go down 
+4
inspector
SheWolf
YZEtc
Hetch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hetch

Hetch

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:06 am

So I have been lurking here and feeding my new addiction.
My buddy was talking about this idea of adventure riding and suggested the WR.
Yesterday, we both sprang for a couple of "new" 08's and even managed to ride around a little on the country roads.
I can just now feel my fingers. Come on Spring - I got riding to do!!!
Thanks for all the great discussions here and look for me on the trails and roads in Wisconsin.
My buddy knows what he is doing, but I have not been on a Dirtbike for 15 years. Really - watch out for me on the trails Watch out in Wisco 810411
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 am

Howdy. :)
Just take it easy and it will come back to you.

The WR-250R (I'm assuming you got an R and not an X) is pretty basic as far as upkeep.
Just don't neglect changing the engine oil periodically and service your air filter correctly and often, and you'll be good.
Things like this are still as they were 15 years ago. :)

Be sure to read the Sweet Mods forum on how to do the popular uncorking mods to rid the bike of those pesky power-robbing EPA doodads the bike comes with.
WELL worth it.

I'm heading out to do some 38-ish degree riding, myself, just as soon as I fuel my stomach up.
I'm riding a 2008 WR-250R, too.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Welcome to the pack! Watch out in Wisco 61865 Just be forwarned: Once you start modding, there's no turning back. Watch out in Wisco 810411

inspector

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Welcome, HI!

*Obviously you aren't on the west coast, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hetch

Hetch

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Nope, not in California...
Live near Madison WI.
Changed the oil today at 30 miles and then went for another short ride.
Found a gravel road and played in some snow.
It is a WR250R
Wow - this is too much fun!
Back to top Go down
Horsman

Horsman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Welcome to the Pack - I just got on for a little ride today(both the R6 and the WRR) ... This bike(WRR) makes me grin from ear to ear!!!!
I would ride longer but it is Snowing here now!!!!!

SheWolf is right. I got pulled into those 'Sweet' Mods and I can't stop. The Mods really do help and really do improve the bike's performance.
Welcome Aboard!!! You're gonna like your bike!!!! Watch out in Wisco 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Jon's got that unmistakable wet spot on his seat... Watch out in Wisco 851577

Horsman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:46 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Jon's got that unmistakable wet spot on his seat... Watch out in Wisco 851577
Thank GAWD I didn't do your "Electrically Hot Seat" Mod - I'd like to keep my "Twig & Berries" thank you!!! Watch out in Wisco 640571
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:07 pm

I never did send you that pic of the guy who took a leak on an electric fence, did I.... Watch out in Wisco 163123

Horsman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I never did send you that pic of the guy who took a leak on an electric fence, did I.... Watch out in Wisco 163123
LOL... send it over!!!! now I feel compelled to watch the movie "Jackass" again!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Check yer PM... Watch out in Wisco 851577

Horsman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Check yer PM... Watch out in Wisco 851577
PM sent back - PM, go back, go back SheWolf!!! Can I send you a bill for all of the therapy I am going to need from seeing that??? LOL

Some Women like Burnt Hot Dogs!!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm full of surprises, ain't I... Watch out in Wisco 810411

Horsman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:54 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I'm full of surprises, ain't I... Watch out in Wisco 810411

Here in the good old U S of A, we call it "Shock and Awe!!!"
Do you think he'll ever get it fixed??? and what would it look like when it is done (pardon the pun)??? PM sent
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Welcome. Get yours at Englehart by any chance? I know I saw a leftover in there.
Back to top Go down
Hetch

Hetch

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey neighbor!
I sat on that one around 3 weeks ago. It is back in a storage shed.
The guy was nice enough to take me in and let me putz around.
$5200 was the best he would go.
Gregg at Johnson Auto in Arlington had two 08's. One on the floor and one in a box.
My buddy got the one out of the crate.
$4750 each plus tax and registration.

Hope to ride around with you some time.
Know any good dirt trails close to home?
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum,,I hope you enjoy it as much as I do..I've learned a lot about the wrr so far, I'm about to order my exhaust,fuel progammer,air filter,ect.. I can't wait till I can see the difference between stock and modified....A couple of more weeks and we will all be riding without freezing....good luck
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 am

Howdy, Hetch. I'm not the trail expert due to having a X, however the bike has lit that spark. So, I am going to get a set of O/R wheels. The one nearby trail I know of runs from Mineral Pt. to Monroe. I am thinking of hitting that once the sleds get off of it. That should be tame enough for me to play on with my streets (I think). Anyway, I am going to check out the Madison Motorcycle Club meeting this Thurs. I think there are some dualist & trail guys in that club. See what I can find out. And yes, let's keep in touch. I am always up for riding.
Back to top Go down
10R

10R

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:20 am

Hetch wrote:
Hey neighbor!
I sat on that one around 3 weeks ago. It is back in a storage shed.
The guy was nice enough to take me in and let me putz around.
$5200 was the best he would go.
Gregg at Johnson Auto in Arlington had two 08's. One on the floor and one in a box.
My buddy got the one out of the crate.
$4750 each plus tax and registration.

Hope to ride around with you some time.
Know any good dirt trails close to home?

I am close to you guys as well. Haven't bought a WR yet, but did look at them and liked what I saw compared the the KLX250S. And I too, have never had any luck getting a deal with Englehardt.

I have a KLR650 (a pig I named the Mutt). I can slog through most offroad stuff with it but it is so heavy to pick up. Madison Motorcycle Club runs a dual sport event called the "Bucky". It used to be an Enduro in the old days but now it is for dual sport bikes only. It will be Oct 23rd this year. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 am

I' got Oct. 23rd marked on the calendar.
Back to top Go down
Hetch

Hetch

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm

It's on my calendar too!
How is this motorcylce club?
I think I will try to make the next one to see what is up.
Back to top Go down
10R

10R

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Hetch wrote:
It's on my calendar too!
How is this motorcylce club?
I think I will try to make the next one to see what is up.

They are the 2nd oldest AMA club in the US. I think they started in either 1928 or 1924. I would say the majority of the members are Enduro riders, but they have a couple of street events as well. The group seems to be connected to all the other groups in Wisconsin. If you come to the meeting you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Hetch

Hetch

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Hope to see you at the meeting on April 1st.
How can the meeting be bad - I mean its at the coliseum bar... Hello!
Back to top Go down
10R

10R

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Sorry I won't be there. I will be in TX visiting my son. Hope to see you at the May meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watch out in Wisco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out in Wisco   Watch out in Wisco Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch out in Wisco
Page 1 of 1