Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? Empty
PostSubject: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:24 am

Hi all, was having a look on ebay for PCIII's and found this item from 'Magnum tuning' but am unsure of whether it would be any good for the WRR...Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for all your help! Cheers, Max. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-PART-Yamaha-WR250R-WR250X-WR-250-R-X_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25581cedefQQitemZ160392080879QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 am

That thing is making its rounds again? Don't waste your cash on that, it's a piece of shit and doesn't work. Someone brought that up quite a while ago and everyone agreed it was a POS. Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? 619190

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Looks like they just stick some computer chips in some urethane with some wires coming out.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm

SheWolf, now I don't want you to hold anything back...be sure to tell us like you see it....by the way the next time you're in FL I want you to talk to a no good used car salesman.
Then the lobsters & beer are on me.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? 93746 Salesmen hate it when I come around. It's kinda funny cause my family and friends will hit me up when they want to get a vehicle because I'm brutal when it comes to haggling. Yeah, I've been cussed lots because I call shit as I see it. I just tell them if they don't like it, don't share the space. Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? 61865 Why sugar coat something and delay the inevitable? Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? 810411

Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 am

I tried it and it's working. Chip change signal from ambient temperature sensor and say to ECU that is more cool. Measurements of output voltage show that it works similar to simple rheostat.
As result ECU makes mixture richer and this adds some hp and kW. But eventually I turned to FMF FI because this chip is not rpm/load sensitive - it is add fuel in all working regimes. But I wanted define fuel addition curve accordingly to the my mind.
Back to top Go down
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks for the feedback peoples, looks like I will avoid that one like the plague! Found out the PCIII isn't compatible with my model though because of the o2 sensor...bummer. Looks like FMF PP may be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Piranha

Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 am

I have European version too.
After mounting Yoshi pipe I simply disconnected the sensor and rode as is. ECU not giving any error, but the fuel consumption was growth (up to about 5.0L/100km on the road).
Because these I have build O2 sensor simulator, based on 555 chip. You can found the scheme in the web. You can also found ready simulator in Ebay.
Now all works well, the mileage (kilometrage, for accurateness) is about 4.2L/100km on the road.
I recommend for you programmable injector controllers(FMF or others) - they give you more options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?   Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these? Empty

Back to top Go down

Magnum tuning...Anyone used one of these?
Page 1 of 1