Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello From Rochester, NY

Go down 
+3
jason meacham
SheWolf
finglan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
finglan

Hello From Rochester, NY Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 am

I just got back into bikes after about seven years off. I got a 2009 KTM 530 EXC and a 2008 WR 250R. I love the power of the KTM for strictly dirt but it does not handle the road very well. I take the WR out when I will be doing long hops on the road, it's very smooth on the streets but a little heavy and under powered on the dirt compared to the KTM but still an excellent bike. I am trying to talk some coworkers into buying a WR so I have someone to ride with.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 am

Welcome to the pack. Hello From Rochester, NY 61865

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Hello,I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do..I have also been trying to talk a friend into buying a wrr. good luck
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
mark1976

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:05 pm

I just pulled the trigger on a WRR myself this weekend; should be ready in a week or two. I am in Corning NY so keep me in mind if you want to meet up and do some D/S riding somewhere in between.
Mark
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome to the pack Mark! Hello From Rochester, NY 61865

Horsman

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 am

finglan wrote:
I just got back into bikes after about seven years off. I got a 2009 KTM 530 EXC and a 2008 WR 250R. I love the power of the KTM for strictly dirt but it does not handle the road very well. I take the WR out when I will be doing long hops on the road, it's very smooth on the streets but a little heavy and under powered on the dirt compared to the KTM but still an excellent bike. I am trying to talk some coworkers into buying a WR so I have someone to ride with.
Totally agree, I had 2 yz2fiddies 2t (and they loved to just rip things up like a runaway chainsaw on steriods) This wrr is really smooth on the streets and can boogie too. Keep the KTM for the hairy single track and tear up the Fireroads/trails with the WRR. Glad you got one - you're gonna love it. Hello From Rochester, NY 500735
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:35 pm

howdy...also from Rochester area (Victor) and also a proud new-to-me owner of an '08 R. I posted on this forum 'yet to pull the trigger' and ended up finding my bike through a forum member. Weather is breaking and the rain is starting to wash all this darn salt off the roads....can't wait to ride....lot's to explore on a DS in this area (Bristol Hills, Fingerlakes, Southerntier, etc etc). Enjoy! Hello From Rochester, NY 945348
Back to top Go down
finglan

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Drop me a line if you are looking for someone to ride with, I am located in Chili.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Will do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Rochester, NY   Hello From Rochester, NY Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello From Rochester, NY
Page 1 of 1