Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New acquisition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 pm

First weekend.

I recieved my WR250X on Thursday.

I've put 400km on it this week end. The temperature was between 34F and 40F.

There were spots of ice on the gravel roads and I didn't feel the tires were very appropriate for that.

I intend to travel across north America with it and any advice is welcome from owners who traveled long distance with the WR250X.

Last edited by Dancamp on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Awesome! Yeah, any tire is gonna be the shits on ice, unless you've got ice spikes in them. If you plan on travelling long distances you might want to look into going with an O/S tank, a Rotopax?Kolpin aux fuel can mounted at the rear or carrying some MSR fuel bottles. Extra fuel is always good. New acquisition 61865 I don't know of anyone who's done long stretches such as what you're doing, on an X (at least an X that wasn't converted to a DS), but a few have tackled some good lines on the R.

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:31 pm

hi, I also just bought a wr250x with the intention of riding it to mexico and back. Where abouts in Canada are you located? (assuming canada since you said km)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Don't forget the rim locks.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:17 am

twowheeled wrote:
hi, I also just bought a wr250x with the intention of riding it to mexico and back. Where abouts in Canada are you located? (assuming canada since you said km)

I live near Montreal.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:17 am

X-Racer wrote:
Don't forget the rim locks.

I don't think that rim lock's exists for rims that large. But I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 am

On an X? Ask Scotty. He's got the 17's and does offroad.

X-Racer

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

Oh ! "X" ! * bonks self on head *

I read riding to Mexico and I'm like : I yiiii yiiiii yiiiii... ( thinking Baja ! )

I don't know. ....but if they have em I'd put em on. Not that the valve tearing torque of the X is going to spin under accel, but maybe during braking ? :dunno
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm not looking into going to Baja.

It's more like continental divide and t.a.t..
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

I have up the performance on my X & am rather spirited w/ this 250.
Mostly cause I come from more powerful bikes & demand some punch & higher speed for short slab work.
Point here is that I have never needed rim locks on any of my bikes on or off the pavement.
Especially this X.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 pm

New acquisition 61865 None of my dirtbikes have had rimlocks, never needed them. One just has to be aware of PSI threshold.

X-Racer

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Humpfh.... That's weird. I never had a dirtbike without them.

...and never ripped a valve stem off until most recently on Katrina whom came without and it tore out before I could get to putting one on.

I must be special. New acquisition 29721 ...again.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Kat was trying to impress you. New acquisition 93746 Maybe she was mad you've not been giving her as much attention as the blue beastie. New acquisition 163123

New acquisition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New acquisition   New acquisition Empty

Back to top Go down

New acquisition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: