Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Neil Peart's books

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jason meacham

jason meacham

Neil Peart's books Empty
PostSubject: Neil Peart's books   Neil Peart's books EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm

If anyone is looking for a good book to read that is dualsport oriented, check out Neil Peart's (the drummer for Rush) books ROADSHOW and GHOSTRIDER. In ROADSHOW, Neil PEART and his friend ride their BMW R1150GS across the country and europe on RUSH's R30 tour in 2004.Instead of riding in a tour bus like most musicians, he rides his bike from show to show. In GHOSTRIDER, he rides his BMW 1200GS alone across the country,Canada,Alaska,Mexico after he lost his only child in a car accident and then lost his wife to cancer a year later. He rides his bike as a sort of therapy to deal wth his lost...from the book ROADSHOW comes my favorite saying/quote about motorcycles..." when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"...Both these books are excellent reads.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Neil Peart's books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neil Peart's books   Neil Peart's books EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Haven't gotten to RoadShow, but Ghost Rider is one of the best books I've ever read. Very touching, excellent writing.

Kinda makes the blubbering in Long Way Round (which I'm reading now) seem extra childish... can't think I could be more polar opposite of someone's way of making a trip than that.
Back to top Go down

Neil Peart's books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: