Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?

Go down 
+24
schultzy
Ziabeam
t205
Jungle Man
66T
SLOWRIDER
Torontorocko
Carbomb
gatorfan
edteamslr
jason meacham
Crazy M
Peterbuilt
alansz400
Swagger
Chrispy1200
Krabill
drater
essadv
skierd
SheWolf
SpiritWolf15
GsVs
malibu_dan
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alansz400

Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Got my R last sept. ( labor Day weekend ) with 4750 miles and it has 13000+ now. Not to bad for living in Ohio and also riding my DR650 when I do long trips. I love the WR but the 650 has alot more power for passing cars and the seat is a little better. My 650 has 38000 miles 28000 from me in less then 3 years. Hope to hit 40000 this summer
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:38 pm

wow 41,000 yep! seems to be a good one.

mine is a good one to, 1/08 was the date it was made. i just put a new piston and rings with the change of the cam chain.

the cain was stretched pretty good and the piston was worn around the bottom so i had some piston slap going, you could hear it pinging. the cylinder walls were good.

the motor is tight again and strong, didn't lose anything.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm just a hair under 41,000 miles on mine, except she's all original inside still. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I have just over 18k kilometers on mine.. no problems..

Just change the oil, clean the air filter, wax the chain and go!
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Just turned 26000 km been bike runs great. Been drag raced for 2 years on stock clutch plates, 2 fronts and 3 rear tires, a set of sprockets n chain and a new free flow filter
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 pm

just hit 19,000 miles and my WRR is still running strong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: A solid reliable bike!   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 am

Mine reached 24,000 miles before I sold it last year. I even filled it up with river water on one occasion and after I changed the oil a couple of times she took me another couple of thousand miles to Magadan without a hiccup! Awesome.
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:14 am

drater checking in, i have 50,316 miles on my 08 WRR. i changed the piston and rings and thats it, for the engine. but i have changed out everything else twice over. i ride more dirt then pavement. thumb
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:42 pm

drater wrote:
drater checking in, i have 50,316 miles on my 08 WRR. i changed the piston and rings and thats it, for the engine. but i have changed out everything else twice over. i ride more dirt then pavement. thumb

That's a lot of dirt miles! bow bow
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:04 pm

25k mi in the two years since bought new. All original except for farkles. One valve adjustment.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 9:30 pm

drater wrote:
Nice to hear that I can look forward to at least a couple more years out of my 2012.
I have 12000km in one year, and have only done regular scheduled maintenance.
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

25k mi in the two years since bought new. All original except for farkles. One valve adjustment.

wow! thats alot, right on!
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:34 pm

drater wrote:

wow! thats alot, right on!

Thanks! Daily rider to/from work and for weekend riding for about 1.5 of those years. Finally broke down and bought a truck when i needed to dress fancy for a new job.
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:33 pm

hi everyone, wanted to check in with some updates on mileage, im at 66,530 miles on my 08 wrr. two cam chains, one piston n rings, one swing arm, new rims, others cracked, seat, alot of handle bars, battery, rectifier. runs like a champ!
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:05 pm

drater wrote:
hi everyone, wanted to check in with some updates on mileage, im at 66,530 miles on my 08 wrr.  two cam chains, one piston n rings, one swing arm, new rims, others cracked, seat, alot of handle bars, battery, rectifier.  runs like a champ!

Hello Drater,

That is incredible!!!

Where do you ride that you racked up that kind of mileage???

I am out of Thousand Oaks and have ridden in the hills above Santa Barbara once...do you know if the trail is open that goes to Solvang???

Thanks
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 am

right on bro! yes the west camino is open,, i ride divide peak mostly and ortega in ojai. the loop from my house, out and back is about 72 miles, i like to do two laps out there then home is just over a hundred miles, i do it in about three and half hours. there is also a lot of back country that you can ride like, pendola, upper osso, and fig mountain. divide has the best terrain, alot of rocks and some good tec spots.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:26 pm

drater wrote:
right on bro!  yes the west camino is open,,  i ride divide  peak mostly and ortega in ojai.  the loop from my house, out and back is about 72 miles, i like to do two laps out there then home is just over a hundred miles, i do it in about three and half hours. there is also a lot of back country that you can ride like, pendola, upper osso, and fig mountain.  divide has the best terrain, alot of rocks and some good tec spots.

Hello,

The maps I am looking at are sketchy on these trails...could I tag along on one of your rides to learn the trails???

Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 am

for sure slowrider, i ride during the middle of the week, tuesday and wednesday are my full days off and the rest i work in the afternoons. the best time to go is in the morning around nine oclock. give me a txt when you are able to make it up, im going to ride this week. 805-570-0907
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 pm

drater wrote:
for sure slowrider, i ride during the middle of the week, tuesday and wednesday  are my full days off and the rest i work in the afternoons. the best time to go is in the morning around nine oclock.  give me a txt when you are able to make it up, im going to ride this week. 805-570-0907

Hello Drater,

Unfortunately I cannot get off during the week.

Do you have the day after thanksgiving off?

Thanks,
Ken
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

drater wrote:
hi everyone, wanted to check in with some updates on mileage, im at 66,530 miles on my 08 wrr.  two cam chains, one piston n rings, one swing arm, new rims, others cracked, seat, alot of handle bars, battery, rectifier.  runs like a champ!

Good work! Excellent. They must be as tough as they say they are bow
Back to top Go down
Jungle Man

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Certainly I didn't think it was much but mine sits at 15k, with no real farkles and a few good beatings. Only cosmetic things broke/plus a few cracks in the instrument panel that are now sealed up with silicone.
Back to top Go down
t205

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 pm

WRX with 29,000 klm of every type of riding, no work done, just oil, oil filters, tyres, chain and sprockets and air filter.

Was at the local dealer yesterday getting some filters and asked about the 40,000klm valve clearance check and a shim kit. He said it's very unlikely I'll need to shim it, but should check as recommended, then buy shims if needed. Does this sound right to those that have already been there?
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Heard "Big Dog" was a little over 49K last month. Never heard of one being as high as drater's though... eeek

Last edited by Ziabeam on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:50 pm

t205 wrote:
WRX with 29,000 klm.... (dealer) said it's very unlikely I'll need to shim it, but should check as recommended, then buy shims if needed. Does this sound right to those that have already been there?
Mark at "Big Dog Adventures" checked his at 18,200 miles, (roughly same kilometers as yours), and his did need a little tweak. Google his site, and scroll down through his "WR" build/maintenance blog. He has pictures of his experience with re-shimming the valves on his WR250R.
Back to top Go down
schultzy

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 am

schultzy here from new Zealand, 63,000 km on a 08 wr250r, camchain replaced at 38,000 km
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?   Who has the highest mileage R2 or X? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has the highest mileage R2 or X?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next