Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch not fully dissengaging

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

Clutch not fully dissengaging Empty
PostSubject: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Went out to the garage to move the bike. Pulled in the clutch cause it was in gear and went to push the bike backwards and it didn't want to move. Put it in neutral and it moves fine. Figured it was just the clutch plates sticking so moved it around while working the clutch and gears. Finally got it moving enough, started it up and ran it around the block. Seemed alright but, when I pulled back into the garage and pulled the clutch in, it still wants to creep forward. Doesn't want to shift now very easily.

I tried adjusting the clutch lever at the handlebars, but obviously that is not it. I'm a little confused cause it was fine last ride. In between then and now one of the kids nocked over my bike in the garage, but didn't see any damage especially since it was dropped on the.......think there could be shifter damage???
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 pm

As far as the clutch dragging with the clutch lever pulled in but the engine not running, that is 100% normal.

As for anything else, first, make sure the cable moves freely (lube?) and that there's not too much free play up at the clutch lever.
You need some free play, but not so much that half of the clutch lever pull is spent in taking-up free play. :)
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I know I've experienced clutch drag before, just thought this was excessive.

I think she is mad that she was left on her side for a very extended time (maybe all day?). To make her feel better I'm going to change the oil next weekend, then I'll adjust the clutch a little better after wards and see how it goes.

*played with her in the garage a little and she shifts happier now, just a little clunky into first. figure the oil will help.

**think i'm going to order the skid plate right now before something else freaks me out. :)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Ahem... Let's not ignore the cause of you finding your bike on it's side either !

Better tie it to the wall ! ...and tell them it will KILL THEM INSTANTANEOUSLY if it falls on them !
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Is the clutch lever bent? or has the actuator on the engine case been impacted?
It cant be the shifter

Some bikes are fussier than other's with engine oil brands and even contaminated oil can make for clutch drag sometimes
If it's all good and an oil change doesn't help maybe it has a broken clutch plate, not likely but possible
Back to top Go down
treeklimber

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:35 am

I (foolishly) didn't change the oil until 600 miles and the bike would barely move in gear with the clutch in. I've since changed the oil every 100 miles until I can get it to stay cleaner through this break in (850 miles now) and it rolls in gear with the clutch in almost just like neutral. Let us know if the oil helps!
Clutch not fully dissengaging 61865
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:57 pm

How long should the oil look clean?
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 am

For some reason I had forgotten about this thread.
Obviously something happened when it was tipped over, but with new oil she was running tip-top. Almost time to change the oil again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch not fully dissengaging   Clutch not fully dissengaging Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch not fully dissengaging
Page 1 of 1