Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help

Go down 
+4
Machtig
SheWolf
dbparti
bigbeariuka
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbeariuka

Help Empty
PostSubject: Help   Help EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:05 pm

After a rather large crash this evening by my wife, the bike needs work. See was wearing a helment or it could have been real bad. Safety first. I now need parts. Multi-function display, front reflector and fender that covers the tank. I need all the help I can get. Would you replace with the multi-function display with factory or after market? Where is the best place to by the fender also. All help will be great. Help 61865
Back to top Go down
dbparti

dbparti

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your WR, glad your wife is OK. As for parts I would scour Ebay.
Kep us up to date on your progress... Help 9356
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh crap...glad she's ok. You can also keep your eyes on the flea market here, sometimes other riders are letting go of stuff they no longer need. As for the MFD, I don't know of anyone who's got the TrailTech Vapor on theirs yet...or any other one for that matter. I heard that the aftermarket clusters won't work with the bike because of the diagnostic setup the bike has in the stock cluster. Help 29721

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 am

Damn, son. She wiped out the multifunction display?! Nice work bow I thought I've crashed pretty good before, but damn.

You could probably get a Trail Tech Vector or Vapor to replace the MFD. Though I'm not sure if the MFD is required for the bike to run. You definitely couldn't see trouble codes though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:08 am

I am glad your wife is ok.

I may be able to help with some parts... Where are you located?

While I like the trail tech Vapor unit and run one on my KLR I would be inclined to replace the MFD with factory. I bet it isn't cheap but it is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
bigbeariuka

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 am

Im located in north west corner of Alabama. The display is toast. She hit the tree almost head on. You should see the mark on the helment. The display is almost 500 dollars. I need reflector for the right side and the plastic above the light and the tank shourd I believe its called.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 am

bigbeariuka wrote:
You should see the mark on the helment.

The mark is on the side or the front of the helmet ?

Just to know where she was looking when the tree stepped in front of her. Very happy
Back to top Go down
greer

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 am

These guys part out bikes and have had WR/X stuff: http://stores.ebay.com/ADRENALINE-CYCLES

They were friendly and fast when I bought from them.

I wonder if 12oclocker could tell you whether the MFD is a necessity?

Glad your wife is OK.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
ramz

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 am

ServiceHonda.com (yes, they sell Yamaha parts):

3D7-83500-40-00 Yamaha -- METER ASSY __ List price $448.12 __ Your price $276.57
Back to top Go down
bigbeariuka

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 pm

I having trouble finding that part on the web site. The mark on the helment is on the side .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help   Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: