Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BakerDT

Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again Empty
PostSubject: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 pm

The left side bracket kit for carrying the 2 gal. RotoPax container is now available. The part was handed off to me from Emerson.Biguns.
The kit is made by B and B Moto, a partnership of myself and Bill Blue, the inventor of the KLX351 big bore kit.
I have 4 kits available now, and my production schedule will be from 5 to 8 per week. The kit, including all the mounting hardware, and instructions (even stickers! Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again 93746 )
I have a rear master cylinder protector, a skidplate, and an 11" x 13" luggage plate that bolts through the tailpiece into the 4 locations that attach the tailight assembly. The luggage plate has 4 tiedown loops and I can add a non-skid ( tape) surface.
The skidplate will be in 2 varieties, the skidplate kit alone which I call the Mojave, and the skidplate with toolbox I've named the Dakar. I have the prototype developed, and I will be in production of the skidplate in a week. It isn't CNC manufactured. It is 1/8" aluminum, and each is hand made. My welder is aircraft certified. I should have pics of all this early next week.
Please visit my website, www.bandbmoto.com to see examples of my work I do in support of the KLX250 community.

Speaking of, I had a chance to ride a WR250R and the KLX351 big bore, back to back this week. V ery interesting, maybe I should do a short report on those rides. I will look through out the forum to see where that would fit best.
Thanks,
BakerDT

Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again 814227563_vtMEo-M

Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again 814227553_SAswA-M
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 am

Hi Bake, good to see you here! Don't forget to put a post in Vendors so it won't get buried, sounds like good stuff!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Speaking of, I had a chance to ride a WR250R and the KLX351 big bore, back to back this week. V ery interesting, maybe I should do a short report on those rides. I will look through out the forum to see where that would fit best.

[/quote]

Please do!!!
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Are those rivets holding the main body of the mount? I would be extremely leery of using rivets anywhere on a dirtbike that takes a load. All that pounding and vibration could loosen them.
Back to top Go down
BakerDT

PostSubject: Re: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm

toast wrote:
Are those rivets holding the main body of the mount? I would be extremely leery of using rivets anywhere on a dirtbike that takes a load. All that pounding and vibration could loosen them.

Those are not rivets. The details were fitted with 6 Cleco clamps in 6 pilot holes at the assembly bolt locations. During the fit check of this prototype, the details were assembled at 1/8" pilot holes. These are drilled out to 1/4 inch holes for the fasteners.

The assembly is bolted together using a 6mm bolt, 2 washers, and a 6mm nut at each of the 6 positions. At the helmet lock attach point, there is a 6 mm washer and 6mm bolt, and also an 8mm washer and an 8mm bolt.
The attachment point at the passenger peg uses 2 8mm washers and 2 8mm bolts.

Thanks, more pictures of the kit will be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again   Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again Empty

Back to top Go down

Roto-Pax mounting bracket now available...again
Page 1 of 1