Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum
Share | 

A bit of Adventure near the Salton Sea (So. CA.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crawdaddy

PostSubject: A bit of Adventure near the Salton Sea (So. CA.)   Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Went on a camping/riding trip with my gal-pal (Kathy), daughter #2 (Caitlynn), Jim from the WR250R board, and my friend Ron……..we stayed at the KOA campground by the Salton Sea…… no license plate required (Kathy rides a quad mainly) and close proximity to some fun trails (Bradshaw, Red Canyon, Meccacopia, etc.)……..a few pics:

Jim riding up the Bradshaw Trail on his WR250R (tool tube bracket broke.....you can see it banging off his swing arm....whoops)……that’s the Salton Sea in the background:

Stopped along the Red Canyon Trail……ridgeline trail that Connects the Bradshaw Trail with Chiraco Summit to the east near Joshua Tree Nat’l Park:

Jim catching a bit of air along Red Canyon:

Jim coming up a section of the Meccacopia Trail

The Salton Sea looking pretty inviting from Bat Cave Bluff (yes there are bunch of bat caves facing the Salton Sea)

So inviting that we had to ride over and dip a hand in the water….

Snow capped peaks in the distance across the Salton Sea…..it may be the land of fruits and nuts, but CA. has quite a bit diversity in landscape too….

Another fun outing with the gal-pal (shown here at what's known as "The Oasis" near the Salton Sea):

Daughter # 2 (she's ready to branch out on some longer dualsport rides with dad)

And friends Jim

And Ron

Back to top Go down
slolane

PostSubject: Re: A bit of Adventure near the Salton Sea (So. CA.)   Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 am

Great pics!!! Looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Swarty

PostSubject: salton sea   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Shipped my WR250R out last year from NY, my buddy has a place in Desert Shores. This was way up the Coral wash.

Swarty

Back to top Go down

A bit of Adventure near the Salton Sea (So. CA.)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1