Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

saddlebags

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
olddog

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: saddlebags   saddlebags EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Drag Specialties canvas saddlebags. I've had these for over 12 years now and they are pretty filthy, but work as well as the day I bought them. They simply lay over the seat and hang. They have a couple places on each bag, to run ties through to secure the bags to the bike. I like that I can place the bags almost under me and sit on the canvas that goes over the seat, keeping the weight forward and centered. I like that they come off the machine easy and quick, to take into the tent or motel. I got mine from Dennis Kirk for all of $49. He still has them listed on his site, $89.95 now.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: saddlebags   saddlebags EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks like they'd work to me.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_pop.jsp?skuId=50997&imgId=0

Doggie saddlebags (no relation to 'OldDog') would offer another solution as well.
Back to top Go down
olddog

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: some pictures   saddlebags EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:44 pm

saddlebags P1010027
saddlebags P1010028

saddlebags P1010029

saddlebags P1010030

saddlebags P1010031

saddlebags P1010032

Added some pictures of how I generally use these bags.
Back to top Go down
stallspeed

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: saddlebags   saddlebags EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Do you have any issues with the tire hitting the left saddlebag due to there being no brackets/braces? Do you fill the left saddlebag with more items to compensate the exhaust on the right hand side? Looks like you may have found a cheap alternative to buying something along the lines of dirtbagz. Have you done any long trips with them, any issues?
Back to top Go down
olddog

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: stallspeed questions?   saddlebags EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 pm

These bags were used on a DR350, so have not used them as yet on the WRR. The fit across the seat on the WRR seems just right, to much width and they would be loose. I have left on the passenger pegs as they seemed to add some crash protection, and make for some support for the bags, and an attachment point. I also move the bags as far forward as I can get them, so they just about touch my legs. One reason these work for me is that I don't pack cooking gear and heavy items, so the bags are packed with lighter items. They never gave me any problems on week long trips, on forest service and gravel roads, doing 150 to 200 mile days, on the Suzuki and I did not have a frame made for it. A simple frame would allow the bags to be attached more to the rear without fear of them getting into the wheel. If you plan on carrying lots of gear and weight I would look for a more rigid bag and sturdy mounts. But hey, we are talking about a 250, and keeping things light so the riding is fun. Have to admit I miss the hot coffee when I first wake up.
Back to top Go down
clint

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: saddlebags   saddlebags EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:58 am

I just bought the CoreTech bag for the luggage rack I installed this evening on my WRX. The bag I bought is the one that resides behind the rider. I didn't get the side bags. It's got a ton of room in it, and it is expandable in width if you unzip the two zippers on either side. It also comes with a waterproof cover that cinches down and wraps around the neoprene base. Me like a LOT. Will easily hold a gallon of water, complete toolkit, first aid kit, an inner tube and probably a small child if you cut it up right.

saddlebags C_43_1_n_0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: saddlebags   saddlebags Empty

Back to top Go down

saddlebags
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Ride Related :: Bags, Luggage & Camp Gear-
Jump to: