Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Only UK member??

Go down 
+7
slolane
SheWolf
craigq
inspector
deerHater
YZEtc
mash100
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:57 am

Hi, total n00b from UK!!
This is one of the rarest bikes in this country - SM hasn't really caught on for some reason. They don't know what they're missing!
Anyway, mine's black, totally stock, & used to commute - best fun I've had in years!!
Am thinking of mods, but rear tyre will need changing VERY soon. I need ££££/$$$$$......
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:01 am

Howdy. :)

Yes, mosey on over to the Sweet Mods forum and read about the uncorking mods the bike really benifits from.
Basically, the air intake, fueling, and exhaust are plugged-up and lean in order to pass crummy regulations as the bike comes stock.
I also recommend gearing the bike down a lot because the stock gearing (sprocket sizes) have been chosen not for peppy acceleration, but for being able to pass yet another regulation having to do with noise.
Fixing these makes the bike even more fun to ride.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 am

YZEtc wrote:
I also recommend gearing the bike down a lot because the stock gearing (sprocket sizes) have been chosen not for peppy acceleration, but for being able to pass yet another regulation having to do with noise.

Mash says SM, which is the WR250X. The X has pretty low stock gearing because of its smaller rear tire/wheel height compared to the R. I find first gear very low on my X, lowest of all the bikes I've ever owned (19), except maybe my 1981 IT125. No need to gear down the X...
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:22 am

deerHater wrote:
YZEtc wrote:

Mash says SM, which is the WR250X. The X has pretty low stock gearing because of its smaller rear tire/wheel height compared to the R. I find first gear very low on my X, lowest of all the bikes I've ever owned (19), except maybe my 1981 IT125. No need to gear down the X...

Sorry, yeah I have the X. Gearing seems great for traffic light Grand Prix! Even stock, I love the look on Audi/BMW drivers faces when they pull up next to you & then watch as you disappear when the lights go green!!
I'll check the mods forum - a bit low on cash at the moment, so will start with the simple stuff...
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am

Greetings! Nope, there are a couple of UK members on this forum. The one's off the top of my head are Tomsdad and LPB:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/new-members-f1/greeting-from-the-fine-county-of-somersetuk-t1238.htm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/wrr-x-pictures-f4/uk-wrr-pic-s-t1827.htm
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:47 am

Welcome to the pack! Only UK member?? 61865 Yeah we have a few UK riders hiding in here.

slolane

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 am

Welcome and we love stock bike pictures too (hint-hint) Only UK member?? 61865
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 am

craigq wrote:
Greetings! Nope, there are a couple of UK members on this forum. The one's off the top of my head are Tomsdad and LPB:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/new-members-f1/greeting-from-the-fine-county-of-somersetuk-t1238.htm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/wrr-x-pictures-f4/uk-wrr-pic-s-t1827.htm
Aha! So there are others out there!!
Problem with those 2 links is they are miles away, & both are Rs, not Xs... Anyway, the rain has FINALLY stopped, so I'm off for a ride!

Pics to follow when/if we get some sun around here....
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Pictures!   Only UK member?? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:46 am

Well, here are a couple of pics of my totally stock mean machine; just been for a blast (Easter public holiday here in UK).
Interestingly it came with Evotech fork guards, which I can't see on their website. Anyone got ideas???
Only UK member?? P1020510
Only UK member?? P1020511
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 am

I'm thinkin' someone put stickers on them. They have the same shape the stock ones do, but I could be wrong.

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:19 am

Greetings Mash100 and welcome to the site.

Keep out of the mod section.......it will cost you loads. Only UK member?? 93746

Cheers,
Andy from Sunny Somerset.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 am

Tomsdad wrote:
Greetings Mash100 and welcome to the site.

Keep out of the mod section.......it will cost you loads. Only UK member?? 93746

Cheers,
Andy from Sunny Somerset.
Yeah, quite worried about this!! Any donations to the fund greatly appreciated!!
Sunny East Sussex BTW...
Back to top Go down
StevenT

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:48 pm

hey... another UK member here! based in London and ride the Surrey lanes regularly. Say hi if you're nearby
Only UK member?? Dsc00310
Only UK member?? Img_3111
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:38 am

StevenT wrote:
hey... another UK member here! based in London and ride the Surrey lanes regularly. Say hi if you're nearby
Cool! Like the white - I've never seen one in the wild! I'm about 15 miles South East of Gatwick. Not sure I would want to ride through central London - traffic is just amazing!
Sadly, not many green lanes around here, but plenty of potholed B roads with some awsome corners!! In fact, I think I'll go for a spin in 5 minutes, & then watch the football this afternoon dutch
Have a good one!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:09 pm

That black, silver and gold is sexy (looks like my R1) Only UK member?? 810411 .

Steven: You better watch out. We have a mud-monger in our midst. If she sees that she'll be rubbin' alllll over you like a $60 lap dance !
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:53 am

X-Racer wrote:
That black, silver and gold is sexy (looks like my R1) Only UK member?? 810411 .

Yeah, +1! Oh, but its mine.....
Anyway, how come there is such little colour choice in North America? This appears to be the primary market for the WR, yet its only available in blue!!
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:00 am

mash100 wrote:
Anyway, how come there is such little colour choice in North America? This appears to be the primary market for the WR, yet its only available in blue!!
Not true. I have a black 2009 WRX, and my dealer currently has a white WRX.
Back to top Go down
frogboy

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Hello mate, I'm another UK rider(DT125) Only UK member?? 89954
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:37 am

deerHater wrote:

Not true. I have a black 2009 WRX, and my dealer currently has a white WRX.
Well, I take it all back bow
So were the black & white ones available from 2009?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Only UK member?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only UK member??   Only UK member?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Only UK member??
Page 1 of 1