Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR to WRX

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
craigq

craigq

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Finished up installing WRX front/rear rims (front w/OEM WRX disc, rear w/OEM WRR/X disc and some aftermarket sprocket), WRX front caliper and WRX m/c on my WRR this weekend.

To anyone else who has done this: Did you notice a big difference with the front brake ? This WRX brake setup seems to have a lot more initial bite and overall stopping power compared to the WRR; I was quite surprised the first time I hauled on the brake lever while testing in a parking lot WRR to WRX 640571
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Pretty cool... have any pics?
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:30 pm

With the WRR fork guards there isn't too much clearance with a 120/70-17 front tire. It clears the brake line and left guard with a couple of mm to spare. It rubbed on the right guard so I had to loosen the bolts and reposition it slightly.
WRX fork guards are now on order WRR to WRX 61865

The 150/70-17 rear tire had a bit of chain rub so far, one more thing to keep an eye on. So far it is not as bad as some of the pictures on SMJ for 150's...

When these tires wear out I think I'm going with the stock sizes to avoid any potential issues; there are a couple of low-cost options up here (Avon RoadRider AM26 ~180 /pair, Pirelli Sport Demon 225 /pair, Bridgestone BT003RS ~230 /pair).

WRR to WRX 4494980062_d9e1ea31d7_o

WRR to WRX 4494340365_6bf625b7fd_o

WRR to WRX 4494997078_469c9f22d9_o

WRR to WRX 4494340409_68f7838db2_o

WRR to WRX 4494979894_74a46057f2_o

WRR to WRX 4494340533_2e8bedcc94_o

Last edited by craigq on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Looks great WRR to WRX 61865
Back to top Go down

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 am

very cool. Why did you decide to switch? And are you gonna be selling those wrr parts? (seems like a lot of us bought the wrong model?)
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

twowheeled wrote:
very cool. Why did you decide to switch? And are you gonna be selling those wrr parts? (seems like a lot of us bought the wrong model?)

I wanted dedicated tires for commuting and riding on the paved stuff. I'm not selling the WRR parts, they'll go back on when I feel like going on the dirt & gravel roads.

The WRR was selling at the time around here for $2K off MSRP, with no WRX available.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am

craigq wrote:
twowheeled wrote:
very cool. Why did you decide to switch?
I wanted dedicated tires for commuting and riding on the paved stuff. I'm not selling the WRR parts, they'll go back on when I feel like going on the dirt & gravel roads.

The WRR was selling at the time around here for $2K off MSRP, with no WRX available.

Sounds like I got very lucky buying my 09 WRX in the same city 6 or 8 months later (guessing from your
first post to the wr250 forum) for $2,500 off MSRP. Did Motorsports World have my 09 WRX at full MSRP
then? Or maybe they did not have it in yet.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:52 pm

deerHater wrote:

Sounds like I got very lucky buying my 09 WRX in the same city 6 or 8 months later (guessing from your
first post to the wr250 forum) for $2,500 off MSRP. Did Motorsports World have my 09 WRX at full MSRP
then? Or maybe they did not have it in yet.

I'm not sure, but early in the '09 season nobody seemed to deal on the 2009's, then by mid-summer they started dropping prices...
Back to top Go down
john92

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:13 pm

I have pretty much the same setup: WRX wheels, whole wrx front brake setup, wrx fork guards as well. I have two 48t sprockets (1 for each rear wheel WRX/WRR) (no chain adjusting between swaps!). I definitely noticed the front brake to be better on the supermoto setup. Plus, the thing corners like crazy and stays steady as fast as she'll go. I still have my WRR wheels for when dirt riding. It's like having two completley different bikes.
Back to top Go down
nyok

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: my bike   WRR to WRX EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:16 am

I have an 09 WRR, sortof. :P

Im not sure what happened at the bike shop but my bike is a bit special.

It has a WRX frame (black) with silver forks, and stickered as a wr250r. I bought it with two sets of wheels, the tards, and a 18/21 set with disk, sprocket, different chain and all that so i can swap easily for dirt, and run the R size disc to make it all fit properly.

Just thought id put my two cents in :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR to WRX Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX   WRR to WRX Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR to WRX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: