Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new member from the Philippines

Go down 
+3
WRRSam
SheWolf
chofilena
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chofilena

new member from the Philippines Empty
PostSubject: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi! Just got my 2010 WR. And you guys just don't know how long i have been dreaming to get the bike. Plus the heck of getting it in to the country. Anyway, can anybody help me? Before buying the bike, i have also been doing some shopping. But i am worried to install them ,because they say the bike runs lean. I got the AIS removal kit , The two brothers exhaust system, exup servo sub, UNI air filter, the 48 teeth sprocket and chain. Problem, I don't have the programmer. So what modifications can i do for now, that i cant afford to get the programmer?

1. Can i remove the AIS?
2. Can i install my new exhaust system?
3. Can i install the new exhaust system and install the exup servo sub?
4. Can i put my new air filter?
5. Can i do the flapper valve removal?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Well...I know for me, I did the AIS before putting in the programmer, but I knew that the new can and programmer were gonna come fairly soon. The air filter would be your least intrusive. How long do you think it'll be before you get a programmer? I'd be real hesitant doing any of those mods until I had that...because you're right. The bike comes lean stock, and any mods like airbox and pipe will lean it out more. I personally wouldn't want to take the chance with a new bike.
You can do all of what you want to do, you're just taking a big chance. new member from the Philippines 29721
Oh and welcome to the pack! new member from the Philippines 61865 Neat to see someone from your neck of the woods!

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 am

SheWolf wrote:
Well...I know for me, I did the AIS before putting in the programmer, but I knew that the new can and programmer were gonna come fairly soon. The air filter would be your least intrusive. How long do you think it'll be before you get a programmer? I'd be real hesitant doing any of those mods until I had that...because you're right. The bike comes lean stock, and any mods like airbox and pipe will lean it out more. I personally wouldn't want to take the chance with a new bike.
You can do all of what you want to do, you're just taking a big chance. new member from the Philippines 29721
Oh and welcome to the pack! new member from the Philippines 61865 Neat to see someone from your neck of the woods!

baldy Thanks for the quick reply. Well the programmer would probably come later, later. Bought everything before my bike, so I'm poor now. I was thinking of doing the: AIS removal, install the new air filter, putting the pipe and removing the exup. Maybe the air flapper would come later when i have the programmer. Have you heard of anyone doing this mods before they got the programmer?
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:04 am

I have done all these mods but I have the Australian model with an oxygen sensor so i have not used a programer.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 am

WRRSam wrote:
I have done all these mods but I have the Australian model with an oxygen sensor so i have not used a programer.

UK model (presumably same for all of EU) also has oxygen sensor & very different looking tail pipe compared to North American model. Also, regular petrol (sorry, 'gas' LOL), is 95 octane, & premium is 98; so does this mean AIS & airbox flapper would work as an intermediate mod??? Do the Aussie models also have the welded tail pipe with the little hole on the underside below the tip? My main concern is being pulled by the law with an exhaust that isn't stamped with an 'E' (EU conformity) symbol; it would also probably fail emissions test.....
Does anyone know if stock power output is different depending on what country you are in? I think UK model is quoted at 30 BHP, which is NOT the same as US 'HP' or german style 'PS'. Any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am

Welcome, HI!

*I can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure others can.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 am

Rydnseek (aka Scotty) has an X that he ran without a programmer. Not sure if he got one yet or not. new member from the Philippines 29721

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 am

mash100 wrote:

UK model (presumably same for all of EU) also has oxygen sensor & very different looking tail pipe compared to North American model. Also, regular petrol (sorry, 'gas' LOL), is 95 octane, & premium is 98; so does this mean AIS & airbox flapper would work as an intermediate mod??? Do the Aussie models also have the welded tail pipe with the little hole on the underside below the tip? My main concern is being pulled by the law with an exhaust that isn't stamped with an 'E' (EU conformity) symbol; it would also probably fail emissions test.....
Does anyone know if stock power output is different depending on what country you are in? I think UK model is quoted at 30 BHP, which is NOT the same as US 'HP' or german style 'PS'. Any thoughts??

Yep we have the same tail pipe as you.
I'am convinced that I don't need a programer as when I installed my GYTR pipe there was a huge dead spot in the mid range (where the performance increased the most) for the first about 5min of use after that it was gone so I'am sure the o2 sensor programed it for me.
As for the PETROL over here 91 is regular 95 is premium and 98 is also avalible my bike runs fine on all except the 91 causes a dead spot just off idle when the bike is cold.

Also welcome to the forum chofilena, you said you had trouble getting a bike did you have to import it.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:04 pm

'Yep we have the same tail pipe as you.
I'am convinced that I don't need a programer as when I installed my GYTR pipe there was a huge dead spot in the mid range (where the performance increased the most) for the first about 5min of use after that it was gone so I'am sure the o2 sensor programed it for me.
As for the PETROL over here 91 is regular 95 is premium and 98 is also avalible my bike runs fine on all except the 91 causes a dead spot just off idle when the bike is cold.'

So why don't US models have O2 senors? Which other countries don't have this? Any ideas what impact this has on 'mod - ability'? Does this mean ours have more power stock??

Sorry for all the questions, but this may/not have major implications (particularly financial), to what is worth doing to this really good bike.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:19 pm

mash100 wrote:
'Yep we have the same tail pipe as you.
As for the PETROL over here 91 is regular 95 is premium and 98 is also avalible my bike runs fine on all except the 91 causes a dead spot just off idle when the bike is cold.'

So why don't US models have O2 senors? Which other countries don't have this? Any ideas what impact this has on 'mod - ability'? Does this mean ours have more power stock??

Sorry for all the questions, but this may/not have major implications (particularly financial), to what is worth doing to this really good bike.

Thanks for the help. Here i use 96 premium, i guess i wont have a problem concerning fuel. Purchased my bike in the US, so i guess it does not have the O2 sensor. You mentioned we have the same pipe. How do you find it? Been looking for some reviews in the forum but cant find any. Got that pipe because i was attracted to it and I'm familiar with the brand. So guys, what do you think i should do?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm

inspector wrote:
Welcome, HI!

*I can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure others can.

Please answer my question, its my first bike to run on fuel injection and i don't want to make a mess out of it. Especially we don't have a qualified mechanic for this kind of engine. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Damn, where's Red when you need him. He pulled wrenches for Yamaha. PM 0007onWR; he's a world of info and is a Yamaha rep who's done a lot of wrench pulling on Yamahas. new member from the Philippines 163123

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Damn, where's Red when you need him. He pulled wrenches for Yamaha. PM 0007onWR; he's a world of info and is a Yamaha rep who's done a lot of wrench pulling on Yamahas. new member from the Philippines 163123

well i just have to wait for more information before i install the pipe. And keep on bargaining which parts i can remove for me just to install the pipe.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm

chofilena wrote:
Thanks for the help. Here i use 96 premium, i guess i wont have a problem concerning fuel. Purchased my bike in the US, so i guess it does not have the O2 sensor. You mentioned we have the same pipe. How do you find it? Been looking for some reviews in the forum but cant find any. Got that pipe because i was attracted to it and I'm familiar with the brand. So guys, what do you think i should do?

Are you talking about the GYTR pipe i added?
For your bike you will need to get yours from the US as those ones don't have a hole for the oxygen sensor these ones also have a diffrent end cap so I can't tell you if they perform the same as my Australian model one.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 pm

WRRSam wrote:
chofilena wrote:

Are you talking about the GYTR pipe i added?
For your bike you will need to get yours from the US as those ones don't have a hole for the oxygen sensor these ones also have a diffrent end cap so I can't tell you if they perform the same as my Australian model one.

No sorry, i was talking about the two brothers pipe
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 am

jason meacham wrote:
Hi. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do

i do, it teaches me a lot of things. But still trying to figure out what mods i can do without the programmer
Back to top Go down
BlueAngel

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

Kabayan, I also have a 2010, in Calfornia. Good to see you here! Where in the Philippines are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new member from the Philippines   new member from the Philippines Empty

Back to top Go down

new member from the Philippines
Page 1 of 1