Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

over 20k and had valves checked

Go down 
+2
olddog
drater
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drater

drater

over 20k and had valves checked Empty
PostSubject: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm

i got like 24k or so on my bike, i had a friend (supermechanicscott) take a look at the valves for the 26600 check up, and they were totally fine, no adjustments needed to the valves, the bike is solid. a little more work to get that top off. the clutch and throttle cable had to be removed to pull it out cleanly. im really happy with that news, the bikes are stronger then we think. enjoy your bike every body. dutch
Back to top Go down
olddog

PostSubject: valve check   over 20k and had valves checked EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm

That is great to hear.
Could you also relate, briefly, the oil change schedule you did, and what kind of oil you used?

Thanks,
Art
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

i wasn't on any schedule with the oil changes, i went by how hard i was riding and usually around 800 miles i would change oil and every other i would change the filter. i use hp synthetic/oil 10/40 the honda stuff in the gold bottle. it last a bit longer then yahmalube. i tried a few different oils and pretty happy with the honda stuff. i keep the air filter on the clean side, thats what makes the difference it seems. all and all i ride it hard and thats way it likes it.

oh yeah, i just put new brake pads and new fluid for front and back, feels so good.
Back to top Go down
olddog

PostSubject: over 24K valve check   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:17 am

Not sure if I'm reading you correct. You are changing the oil every 800 miles? and using Honda synthetic.
Can't argue with your results.

Thank,
Art
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:13 am

I know every one has their own style of running their bike and how they maintain it, i like to try one thing for awhile and see what the results are. i really think it is how you ride the bike to determine how and when it needs maintenance.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 am

Every 3000 for me, sooner if I have been riding the snot out of it and a lot of mud/slop running. Oil is a dark honey color when I change it, not molasses colored. over 20k and had valves checked 61865

drater

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm

yeah, i really think you can run these bikes 8000 miles and not touch anything and it will start right up. even i bet if you went 15000 miles the bike would start right up, it might smoke a bit pretty bullet proof!
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 am

Thanks for passing along the good word on the valves.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

The motor in the WR is probably bomb proof, it's an R1 on easy street
It's 1 cylinder of a new generation R1 and makes significantly less HP per Liter and spins about 20% less RPM

It always amazes me that the sport bikes, YZ's and sleds that get run Real hard never seem to tighten up the valves, this engine may never end up requiring a valve adjustment
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Yes, this has been my experience with nearly every Yamaha that I have owned and passed the 26k mile valve check. I am glad to hear the R² is performing well!!! I only have 23,500 miles to go ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: over 20k and had valves checked   over 20k and had valves checked Empty

Back to top Go down

over 20k and had valves checked
Page 1 of 1